+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

Agree get your partner tested too, the ex obviously sounds very fertile.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 25 years old ttc for 8 months and nothing

Im having the same problem, i had every test at doctors all fine, went to fs and got tested for ureaplasma, which i had never heard of it now on antibocics for 2 weeks, im hoping to get bfp soon

Sent from my MB860 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure that family history of fertility is really an accurate indicator of your own fertility.

All the females in my family are ultra fertile, bar me. Apparently I have no medical reasons for infertility, either.

We've been TTC for 26 months, and we started when I was 24. These things sometimes just take time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I'm not sure that family history of fertility is really an accurate indicator of your own fertility.

All the females in my family are ultra fertile, bar me. Apparently I have no medical reasons for infertility, either.

We've been TTC for 26 months, and we started when I was 24. These things sometimes just take time.
    Agree!!

We started TTC when I was 25. It took us almost 2 years and DS was conceived by IVF. We were put into the unexplained infertility basket.

No history of trouble conceiving in my family either.

But miraculously enough we have managed to conceive bub number 2 all on our own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'd get your partner tested - even if his swimmers were fine before doesn't mean they are the same now. If his count is low, DTD every day may be more detrimental than you'd think. My DH had a very poor count and after a year TTC we were headed for IVF because they said our chances were very small of getting pregnant naturally.

On the advice of my OB/GYN we tracked my cycles and held off DTD for a few days leading up to ovulation, then went for it when the OPK was positive. We fell pregnant twice in 4 months using this strategy (one miscarriage, then with DD) and we're going to try it again this cycle as we're TTC #2, even though his count is a bit better now.

There are lots of potential reasons why it's taking a while and the FS will help work through those things when you see them in Jan.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post

Also agree with this. Mum fell pregnant first try both times, no issues, but started menopause at 32. I have had endometriosis and struggled to get pregnant - but I turned 32 today and no sign on menopause

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 25 yrs old there is supposed to be a 25-30% chance of conceiving per month! I just don't understand why some people are so much more fertile than others.

When i was a teenager I had a phase where I had quite a few different partners without any barrier method so maybe my fertility has been destroyed by bacteria and infection. I also had a bad experience where soap/detergent went inside me and caused a huge amount of inflammation, so maybe it destroyed the lining or tubes or something internally and prevents conception, I don't know.

Also sometimes i worry that my partner had a vasectomy and hasn't told me... i know that sounds awful but it has crossed my mind.
    This is a nightmare for me because I have always really wanted kids.
    Last edited by amy12; 12-12-2012 at 19:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Do you honestly think there's a chance your partner could have had a vasectomy and isn't telling you?? If you don't trust him to be honest with such a massive thing, then maybe you need to rethink trying to have a baby with him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

How old is he?

Thanks
    Reviews
    well all i can do is trust him, or leave him. it's just so strange how his ex's both got pregnant so easily but not me. he is mid 30's. what if he desperately wanted to keep me but was afraid to tell me he has a vasectomy, anything is possible, even if you think you know someone 100% you don't.
    Last edited by amy12; 12-12-2012 at 20:22.