+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First time OPK user.. Need help

Hi everyone, I am a first time OPK user and today I used one but I'm a bit confused with the whole line thing. My understanding is that the second line has to be just as dark or darker than the control line, is this right? I have attached a photo of the one that I did today, I just don't want to miss my O because I couldn't use the test properly thanks ladies
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yep the test line has to be as dark or darker then the control line. Also OPK's shouldn't be used with FMU, some time in the afternoon is better.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, yeah i would say thats not a positive. you will know when u get one, both lines will be the same colour as each other. I test twice a day, 10am then 4pm. Once you get a positive, u can ovulate anywhere up to 48hrs after. So i would DTD for the next 2 nights at least. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Ladies I'll test again this afternoon and twice daily and see how I go

Thanks
    Reviews

Why should you not use FMU with OPK?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's oft-repeated, but not necesarily true. I get positive OPKs in the morning. The reason is because, for most people the LH surge happens during the night/early morning, and it can take up to 6-7 hours to then appear at peak levels in the urine. So "they" say around 1-3pm is the best time to do the test. But the digitals work better with FMU as it's more concentrated. For me anyway.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 11-12-2012 at 12:21.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    It's oft-repeated, but not necesarily true. I get positive OPKs in the morning. The reason is because, for most people the LH surge happens during the night/early morning, and it can take up to 6-7 hours to then appear at peak levels in the urine. So "they" say around 1-3pm is the best time to do the test. But the digitals work better with FMU as it's more concetrated. For me anyway.
    Thanks. I only ask as I've been using FMU.
    Have only started ttc again this cycle.
    I have been using opks for the last week. Cheapies first then this week first response. I thought Friday morning I got a strong line and was about the same Sunday (Saturday was a failed test) But this morning it's darker then the control line. Today is cd 18.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Lil13 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am a first time OPK user and today I used one but I'm a bit confused with the whole line thing. My understanding is that the second line has to be just as dark or darker than the control line, is this right? I have attached a photo of the one that I did today, I just don't want to miss my O because I couldn't use the test properly thanks ladies
    This is a photo of my opks to give you an idea Mum2Lil23 and any other ladies.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate the First Response ones - I find internet ones better! The dye is so faint on those FR ones, makes it harder to tell. Surprising because FR make the best pregnancy tests.

Well, sounds as though today is your peak surge - might have happened overnight while you were asleep. I get positive OPks and ov pain on CD 17, 18 or 19 too. Today will prob be your most fertile day, and maybe tomorrow. Depends how long you get from surge to ovulation. Some people get longer than others. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks. Good luck to you and all the other ladies using opks.
    I put a pic of my opks. You can tell diff from the Internet cheapies and first response.