+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Good VBAC reading material/advice

My Ob has given me the option of have an elective c section or a VBAC. I have had stage 4 endo and adhesions removed 2 months prior to falling pregnant. I also had my uterus and stomach wall separated as They were stuck together. My Ob said that he would recommend a VBAC as further surgeries cause more problems and I still have about 10% of my uterus and stomach wall adhered together and possibly my bowel is caught up in there somewhere too so it can become quite complicated surgery.
    Basically a VBAC would be much better than a c section but a planned c section much better than an emergency as the surgeon could be a bit better prepared. I have until 30 weeks to make my decision ( I'm only 15 weeks now). What I'm after at the moment is some good reading material on VBACs so that I can arm myself with lots of information to help me decide. I got to 9cm with DD but she was in distress and when the Dr asked me to try pushing DD wasn't getting enough oxygen ( she had the cord around her neck and it wasn't long enough for me to push her out so when i pushed it choked her). So my body has been through the labour process before just not the actually delivering/birthing part.
    My DDs birth was pretty traumatic and I ended up with post surgery infection, adhesions and organ binding that made me infertile until I had a lap and they found the problem and dealt with it. I had PND and breast feeding issues. so would love for a birth where I feel more in control.
    So if anyone knows of any good books, websites, links to articles etc I would greatly appreciate you sharing them with me. thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Good VBAC reading material/advice

Birth Without Fear blog!
    Haha, that is the second time tonight that I have recommended that blog, but it's great.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silent Knife is a great book about vbac.. it is an older book.. but talks a lot about the risks, about how the research and stats were developed..

also, accessing midwifery care will put you in the best position to birth vaginally

trust your body- you have done it once! your body knows what to do!

Thanks
    Reviews

Birthing Normally After a Cesarean or Two. By Helen somebody.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your replies. Still doing my research but I'm leaning towards VBAC.its just the thought of an emergency c section that scares me as opposed to a planned calm c section.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The I Can network is good too http://www.childbirth.org/section/ICAN.html