Closed Thread
Page 81 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Fel- great pics, horray for a boy!

Lil petal- So sorry you've been sick! Gastro is the worst thing ever!

Nila- I'm glad to hear you're being well looked after. bleeding is so scary.

Hi everyone else, I'm on my phone so it's hard to look back and remember everything!

I had another trip to emergency on Friday as started bleeding a lot again. They took me to Antenatal and a scan showed everything was fine. Baby was wriggling around and happy. It seems like this pregnancy is going to be blighted by bleeding though.

Got my NT scan tomorrow and will be my 5th scan what with all these issues but only the first one DH has been at. Can't wait for him to see bub. And be able to tell everyone the news!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Golly I know how you feel I hope my bleeding stops soon!! What I hate with these bleeding is the not knowing if everything is ok!! I'm glad all is well with the baby and hope your bleeding stops and you don't go through it again

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it has been awhile since I have posted properly, I do apologise. I cannot always log on and usually am on my phone. I finally logged on at home to catch up and reply properly.

Nila - Addiction to shopping? Ha ha. Wish I could help there. My new addiction is ebay. Sorry you had to spend time in hospital with bleeding. Any idea when you will be heading home yet? I'm glad you have been well looked after.

lIL Smurfy - So sorry for your recent losses. Hugs to you

J - How wonderful to be feeling 'thuds' from bubs. I can't wait to feel bubs move.

Eko - sorry to hear that the tiredness has set in for the third trimester. And how incredible to see your little boy has his dad's nose. It's amazing what a scan can pick up.

FelH - Congratulations on having a little boy! Your pics are so clear. Now to decide on a name and buy everything blue!

Bondgirl - Sorry to hear you have experienced more bleeding again. I'm glad it's nothing serious, but still it must be worrying for you.

ToniS - Intense pain in the bum doesn't sound comfortable. I'm glad it's nothing serious (as J said) but it must still be annoying. Hopefully it passes soon. And congrats on the weight loss too!

FTM - Hope the palpatations and breathlessness has eased up for you. How are you feeling now?

Lil Petal - How awful for you having gastro. I'm glad you are feeling better and able to eat properly again. Yay for a bump! I still think I look like I have put weight on and not pregnant at all. Good luck for your upcoming scan!

Button - Glad to hear all is well after your anatomy scan. Lovely names too.

Hi to Choccie, Pinkorblue, Sage, MissFaery, MissX, Calicocat and everyone else I have missed.

AFM - I am feeling pretty good. Looking forward to our scan at the end of the month. We are so excited to find out the sex, so I hope bubs cooperates.
    We lay-byed a car seat yesterday which is our first baby purchase. DH has cleaned out the spare room in preparation for bubs. So now we are looking at furniture. Has anyone else bought furniture, prams or anything yet?
    I'm starting water aerobics tomorrow night as walking leaves me with a sore lower back and sore pelvis.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

J37  (21-01-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LilPetal - I'm so sorry you've had gastro! I had it a couple of months back and man was it ever nasty I haven't had anything like that in years so it hit me like a ton of bricks.

ToniS - It could be that you're walking differently and that's caused your glutes to develop knots. My physio said to either get DH to massage them out "Honey, can you rub my bum for me? Hahahah!) or use a tennis ball to knead them out. Worked a treat

Nila - My only shopping cure suggestion is to set yourself a savings goal and use money that you would use to splurge on shopping to put into the savings. If it's baby related... Well, the only solution I've found for that is being completely stocked up so I don't need to buy anything else haha!

J37 - Those little thuds kept me smiling for hours after I first felt them . Now they're not little thuds so much as fully fledged rib cracking heal jabs. But it's still really cool to watch my belly moving in waves as he moves.

Bond girl - Gah, what is with this munchkin making your bleed!?! STOP IT KIDDO! It's quite disconcerting I know. Hopefully it settles down for you soon.

maybee baybee - I've got pretty much all the furniture I need for this bub, but I do need to buy a new single bed and mattress for DS (as he's using the toddler bed that will be converted back to a cot).

I have a bassinette, motorized swing, car seat on layby, highchair, bouncer, a jolly jumper with the stand so that you don't have to use a doorframe and a pram with a bassinette attachment. All of it is second hand apart from the car seat. I got the pram on ebay for a steal, it's a Quinny pram and I would never have paid what they cost brand new!
    I bought the pram when I was about 14 weeks, and everything else has just sort of fallen into place gradually as the months have gone by.

The only 'new' things I have left to buy are a baby monitor and a good electric breast pump which can wait until after bub is born as he will be in our room in the bassinette for the first few months and I have a hand pump that will hopefully do for relieving engorged boobies. I only really need the electric pump for when I go back to work.

AFM, see I don't really do good personals. I just ramble. A LOT. *chuckle*
    Today I finished cleaning out the nursery and now there's nothing but baby things in there. Previously it was a semi-store room as when we moved in the removalists unpacked all the stuff that I had in storage boxes that we didn't need. I couldn't even open the door!
    So that's kind of gone a long way to helping with that whole nesting issue .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (21-01-2013),J37  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I came home yesterday which now I'm finding I just wanna go back haha cause ever since I left I have been getting nausea and vomiting a couple of times a day it sucks I don't know what's different I didn't get any nausea or anything when I was there now right before lunch and around 530pm I need to throw up!!! Can't win really it seems to much of a lose lose situation but on the plus side the bleeding is pretty much gone so I'm happy about that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh, just spent 30 mins writing out a big message and my phone closed the page and I lost the whole thing
    In a nutshell, I hope everyone is doing well and is pumped for the week ahead.

pinkorblue thanks for the lavender essence suggestion, I'll give it a go. Have had some good sleep this weekend and feel slightly human.

Nila you really are having a rough time. I so hope the nausea eases up soon so you can enjoy your pregnancy.

Bondgirl we must be about the same edd, I'm Aug 3. I have my NT scan on Tues. I hope the bleeding stops for you soon.

Maybee baybee we haven't bought anything yet, although DPs sister is giving us her cot and matching chest of drawers with detachable change table. Certainly happy to be saving a bit of cash!

J how exciting! I've never felt that before so I'm really looking forward to it, must be very special

Fel congrats on a little boy! How gorgeous

Eko it must feel so good to have made progress on sorting out the nursery.
    Our spare room is also a bit of a store room and needs a massive clean out, but we're debating whether to move somewhere bigger. We're only in a 2 bedroom cottage so space is a bit lacking, but moving would probably mean paying more rent...what to do!

Hello to anyone I've missed

AFM, just over 12 weeks and have my NT scan on Tues. Still don't really feel preggers, just looking a bit rounder than usual.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

J37  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Calico, we have just sourced a cot and change table with drawers from a friend of a friend for $350. Happy to have saved some $$ too. Brand new we would have been paying close to $900! It's white and looks like new.

I'm now 18w and still don't look or even feel pregnant, just a bit rounder. Just waiting patiently to feel bubs move and pop out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time in ages I am able to log in on my computer and reply properly.

Nila: No idea with the shopping, so far all I have purchased myself is bassinet and ordered a blanket and layby a car seat. I hope the vomiting eases soon, it must be nice to be back home regardless. Glad the bleeding is gone.

J: It must be so nice to be able to feel bubs. Very happy for you

BondGirl: Glad bub was ok but it sucks about the continual bleeding. I hope you enjoy your scan and that DH loves seeing bubs.

maybee baybee: I am glad the pain is nothing serious as well. Glad its gone for now. Hope your scan gets here quickly and that bubs cooperates so you can find out what you are having. Good that DH has cleared out the spare room. Bubs room here still looks like a bomb has hit it. Enjoy the water aerobics I know what you mean about not feeling or looking pregnant. I am 18w tomorrow and no movement still just look overweight even though I've lost heaps of weight. I have noticed my stomach is firmer now though.

Eko: DP is good as giving me massages whereever I hurt, even my sore bum if required. Thankfully this was not necessary as the pain went on its own.
    Yay for nursery getting cleared out.

calicocat: hate when your phone message gets deleted. Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

AFM: Woke up feeling terrible. Glad I don't have work until 12.30 but honestly not sure I will make it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

J37  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick one from me.

J, so glad you got to feel bubs. It's so cool huh? My girl is far too quiet for my liking but I've been told that regular proper kicks probably won't happen until about 25 weeks for me (thanks to my anterior placenta and some extra padding )
    Nila, thank goodness the bleeding has stopped

Maybee baybee, we pretty much have everything we need now. i am terribly organised (almost OCD) so I made up a checklist when we found out I was pregnant and have been working my way through it. I probably won't need half the stuff but I'd rather be prepared than have to rush out and get something.
    The palpitations and shortness of breath thankfully only lasted on and off a few days. Thank you for asking I would love to do water aerobics but nowhere close to me does it outside of working hours

Eko, I can't believe how close you are to the end!

Calicoat, have fun at your scan!

ToniS, sorry you're feeling so crutty

to everyone I missed.

AFM, not much to report. My girl is still fairly quiet but gives me random movements to tie me over. I had a mini magnum ego last night and afterwards she went crazy so I'm guessing she loved it

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey ladies - sorry I am at work with a quick question and don't have time for personals
    I have started to feel quite nauseous in the mornings - goes away around lunch time and I have been keeping some what "under control" by constantly eating. However yesterday I bought the Blackmore Morning Sickness formula tablets and so far, seemed to lesson the symptoms to a degree - but what I wanted to know is... Is it more effective to wake up an take a tablet or take it when I start to feel queasy?
    I am normally ok for the first hour upon waking up and have breakfast when I get into work. It seems to get pretty bad after I have my cereal :/
    The worst thing about me is that I am so readable and my face gives things away - so a few people have already noticed that I look quite pale in the mornings and that I am eating a lot (it's fruit!! Lol)
    Thanks girls!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would try taking it first thing in the morning and see if that keeps the nausea away. Also, do you eat the same cereal every day? I was eating weetbix and getting nauseous, I switched to toast and no more nausea.