Closed Thread
Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nila....your Mum sounds like mine! My Mum is a perfectionist, and expects everyone to be the same...and constantly makes critical comments. It's taken me many years, but I've learnt to brush it off. She does it to my sister and brothers too. Is your MIL supportive?

My NY resolution is to get my tax and other paperwork sorted (my study is a disaster zone), and to sort through all of Oscar's old baby stuff and work out what we may need. We've got a bedroom which was ear-marked for baby number 2, but after 2 miscarriages it got to the point I couldn't go in there. So it's packed full of things I need to sort...cradle, breastfeeding chair, bouncer, clothes, play mat...not even sure what else.

Want to get as much done before last 10 weeks when one feels like a beached whale!! And a constantly sleepy one at that!

J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. In terms of baby clothes, make sure you check out Best and Less. I was there yesterday and could not believe how cheap they were. And the quality is absolutely fine. They have some really cute stuff, plus cheap staples like singlets and growsuits. I bought Oscar a Tshirt for $3...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nila your mum sounds like my grandparents that must be hard! At least my parents are very supportive.

I am also stressing about finances. Just found out yesterday DP's car needs fixing will cost about $2500 at the same time as I need to pay the same amount to my Ob and a month later I need to pay a tax bill of about $1600. Thats before we start shopping for Rhino. I am hoping that both my parents and DP's mum will be a bit supportive with some of the bigger stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

We just actually got a new car in August its like the dualis +2 it has he normal row of seats and then the old out seats at the back but if I have the back seats out I can't put the pram so I'm not sure what we are going to do
    Best and less is a good idea I keep forgetting out it

Thanks
    Reviews

An my in laws are not really that supportive she has in the past called me a bad mother and blamed me for things my husband has done. She is never really around and she always nags dh. My mom will eventually come around but won't be able to do much in terms of helping with the kids cause she has a colonoscopy bag so she can't pick up weight and will take 2 surgeries and almost an year to heal!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Oh nila that is so sad, my mum has said things in the past that have cut worse than a knife but I don't think she realised how hurtful they were.

Just had to waddle to the laundry with my pants around my ankles to get a buckets cos I wasn't sure which end it was coming out of sorry for the tmi but oh god I was never this sick with ds

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hi, just after opinions from those who have done this before. When did you stop working? I've got an office job and am thinking of working til 37 weeks. Is that realistic, or am I going to be struggling by that stage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil smurfy I don't have experience as this is also my first but EVERYONE I have spoken with has said they wish they had taken a good 3-4 weeks to themselves before the arrival of bubs. I'm finishing up around the 22nd April (hopefully) which will give me 3 and a bit weeks before my c-section just to chill out, rest and finish up preparing for bubs. I guess it depends on the individual. My job is really high stress so I'm going to need a month to de-stress from it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

I finished at 6 weeks before my dues date only cos I was on my feet all day (hairdresser) in one sence it was good cos I went into early labor a few days after I finished but they stopped that and I went 9 days over so in the end I was bored I think 4 weeks before would be good

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Last pregnancy I had an office job and finished at 36 weeks. I was very ready to leave by that point. The actual job was fine but I had to catch public transport which was becoming difficult.

The few weeks at home by myself were bliss! Unfortunately that time was cut short for me as I had to be induced at 38 weeks