Closed Thread
Page 75 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

I also would be a bit thrown if I had a girl as like you said, J, I know what to do with boys! It's strange as when I was pregnant with Toby I really wanted a girl. Now I'm not sure! In some ways would love a daughter but think they can be harder work particularly in teenage years (I am a social and youth worker so been around plenty!).

I will be happy either way what I have, but getting my head around a girl will take longer. Plus can't reuse Toby's clothes so more expensive! That said, if it's another boy I will need to have a third to try for a girl, ha!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Hi everyone, wave :-)
    So when did everyone announce or tell people when they were pregnant?

Body pillows are amazing. I'm only 7 weeks and love it when I can't get comfortable.
    I'm having my dating scan next week, I'm so excited to hear the heart beat. Does anyone know if you an identify if its twins at a dating scan?

As for the sex. I'll be happy either way. I have two step daughters now. My MIL would love a boy, as it would be the first boy grandchild. My mum thinks I'm having a boy. I think it's so funny when ppl say "oh I think your having a ......"

J37 I am sure either way you will be overjoyed when the bub arrives :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would LOVE a boy first - but mainly hope whatever it is, it's healthy (but seriously hoping for a boy!)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    More energy for personals, woot Sorry if I miss anyone, I've just gone back to my most recent post.

Lil Smurfy
    - JUST YOU WAIT! Lmao. You'll be getting kicked awake in no time, trust me! The worst part is when it takes you a while to realise that that's actually what's going on. You just lay there for a while thinking "Why am I awake?" only to get a left right combo to the ribs a moment later hahaha!

J37 - I just got my results back for the GTT... No sign of GD So happy about that! I didn't really want to have to worry about that sort of thing. Mind you it's taken over 2 weeks for the bruise from the needles to start to fade *chuckle*. Hope everything goes well for your test .
    I know what you mean about having another boy. DH and I both REALLY wanted a girl (and did for the first bub too) but at the same time after watching friends with their little girls and the absolute dramas that they go through I'm not so sure! Then again that's probably not really gender related in so much as related to the fact that DS is SO laid back and chill *chuckle*.

FelH - I'm so sorry to hear about the spotting, that must be so stressful Don't stress too much though, I had a bleed at around the same time with DS. I had spotting for a couple of weeks before that and then suddenly a big gush of bright red blood and I was certain that I'd lost him. They never explained why it happened but I went on to have a totally normal pregnancy.

FTM - My pelvis has been KILLING me lately. And I've even gotten to the point where I am limping like an old woman at times because I've pinched a nerve in my lower back AND my hips hurt. I nearly had to get DH to get out of bed and help me back from the bathroom last night because it hurt so much to walk.
    So nice to hear that your little miss looks really great!

Bondgirl - I know, I feel very spoilt by my friend. She swears she was going to give all of this stuff to lifeline or another charity group anyway but I feel bad. We don't have to buy ANY clothes for at least the first 12 months as she's decked us out with everything we could possibly need there including sleeping bags etc. and I really wanted a swing but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one in case bub didn't like it.
    We're going to have to buy DS a single bed though, I want to get that before bub arrives so that he doesn't feel 'kicked out' of his bed. Hopefully converting it back to a cot will mean he won't realise it's the same bed.

Chocciequeen
    - I'd say you're pretty on the money there, although with DH and his brothers they're more 'mummy's boys'. Even though they absolutely love their dad, their mum is the one that they would do anything for without even considering the consequences. I'm hoping DS gets that from them *chuckle*.

MissFaery - We announced to everyone when I hit the 12 week mark, although some people we told earlier. I'm pretty sure it was only direct family and our respective best friends though. And even then we waited until I was about 8 weeks and had seen bub on a scan. I had a chem earlier in the year so we were a bit cautious about saying anything to early.
    And it is funny! Everyone that has asked on FB what we're having has been told that we're not making it public (as my aunt is on FB and she cracks the sads if anyone tells her what people are having *eyeroll*) and SO many people have guessed that we're having a girl. Nope, sorry everyone! This little one is ALL boy lmao.

And hello and how are you going to anyone that I missed! I want updates people!

AFM, I now have enough stuff to feel like I'm ready for bub to arrive. Which is of course not happening for another 10 weeks. Nuuuu! So far away... Lmao.
    I keep having to remind myself that it's really not that long and that before long I'll be missing the relative quiet of him just kicking me awake rather than screaming me awake. I didn't really miss my baby belly after DS was born but I think I might this time because this will be our last bub.
    I put a new carseat on laybuy tonight which will be paid off before bub arrives and aside from that the only other things I need are a good breast pump (Got one ready to buy on ebay) and a baby monitor and I'll officially be done for the nursery set up. Those last two items can wait for a few weeks after bub is born though as he'll be in our room for the first few months at least, and I'm planning on BFing. The electric pump is more for when I go back to work for EBM.

Wow, what a novel! I sure can ramble on when I want to!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Great personals Eko.

The past 48 hours have been terrible. Yesterday morning my grandpa died, and today my dog died. I'm devastated. DH's grandpa died a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping that's our 3 out the way. I can't deal with anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews

So sorry lil Smurfy

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Great personals Eko.

The past 48 hours have been terrible. Yesterday morning my grandpa died, and today my dog died. I'm devastated. DH's grandpa died a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping that's our 3 out the way. I can't deal with anymore.
    Oh no What a horrible time you've had. So very sorry to hear that Smurfy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lil Smurfy that's terrible. One blow is hard enough to deal with but three is just cruel. I hope you're getting lots of support right now.

MissFaery we told our parents straight away. They were meeting each other for the first time and it just seemed like the right moment.
    I told my closest girlfriends at 8 weeks and that's it until after our scan next week at 12 weeks.

Eko it sounds like you're pretty well organised, must be a good feeling!

I'm another one suffering from insomnia, it's driving me crazy.
    I'm exhausted all day and can think of nothing but sleep, but when I put my head down I'm suddenly wide awake. When I do finally get to sleep ill wake up about 3 or 4am to go to the loo and can't get back to sleep.
    I've had a really full on week at work too which doesn't help, too much pressure.
    Hope everyone's having a good week!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Great personals Eko.

Oh no!! I do hope this will be the last of bad news for you for a long time!!!
    Unfortunately for me it has been a bit if a stressful day on a day that was suppose to be happy!! It's my sons 4th birthday today and guess where I am...I am at the hospital with major bleeding with just time to waist!! The doctors and nurses have been awesome but when I can do is wait and see if the blood stops!! For now it's all looking ok the babies still have hbs and my cervix is closed but I am on complete bed rest!
    I hope everyones Thursday was better!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow Eko that's a fantastic personal!!! I never use the computer and on the phone it so hard, well done!

Sorry to hear lil smurf, I would definitely be buying a lotto ticket this week!

Afm- I'm still struggling with the constant cervix rubbing from the baby, how long can it spend down there? I don't really feel the movement anywhere else now unless I'm on my back, is this normal? Also when I put my hand on belly near belly button there is a very strong heart beat which I can feel with my hand, assuming this is my placenta, is this where it should be? The ultrasound guy never mentioned it to be in the front and I don't recall this with dd, had only been like this for the last 2 weeks.
    Confused a little. Next doc app isn't for 3 weeks. Any ideas?