Closed Thread
Page 74 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Pregnancy insomnia SUCKS. Well, more to the point getting kicked awake at 2am every morning sucks. Never had this problem with DS. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

I'm not getting kicked awake, I just can't manage to go to sleep and stay asleep. I'm not comfortable. A friend is getting me a pregnancy pillow for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see if that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Hi all!

Miss x that would be so frustrating
    I would want to know now. Glad though that things are looking on track. :-) fingers
    Crossed the next two weeks go smooth. With the hens r u away for
    The weekend or out? There are lots of hiding tricks, non alcoholic champagne or drinking wine with oj cos it 'not good quality' and really having half lemonade. If you know where you are going you can always phone ahead and check what they have. The hardest part is acting sober. Some people do the on pain killers so can't drink! I know lots of excuses so let me know: the best
    Option is to tell your best friend and be swapping glasses the only issue is they end up smashed! ;-)

J - is that standard to have your glucose test at 20 weeks? I am
    Private also and my ob hasn't mentioned it?

Hope your all well. I'm 21 weeks and counting. :-)
    I am having an early test, because I had gestational diabetes with Oscar...so it's not standard, no. I will probably have to do it again at 28 weeks if this one is normal.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had a horrible day yesterday! I started spotting for the first time since 4 weeks. Rushed off to the ob for a scan but she couldn't find a cause! I wish this pregnancy would just give me a break I don't know how ill get through work today, probably a good thing I work in a hospital lol..

Missx sounds like everything is where it should be it's going to be a long 2 week wait but so worth it!

Eko I'm so jealous! I can't wait to be kicked haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Fel, that's good that there was no cause for bleeding, but scary that it happened. Hopefully that's the last lot of spotting you get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie, I have pain everywhere! Pelvis, hips, butt, you name it, it hurts! Ouchies! Don't even get me started on when I have to sneeze!

Eko and LilSmurfy that sux that you can't sleep. I'm asleep by 9:30-10:00pm and get up 2-3 time to go to the toilet but am usually asleep within a few minutes of coming back to bed. I just want to sleep all the time! My girl thought she was a ninja last night and as I was trying to sleep was giving me all her ninja moves. I can't compain though. I love to feel her even if she does wake me

GD test my ob has me doing it at 26 weeks .. YUCK!

Fel how horribly scary for you! If they couldn't find a reason for your bleeding then it's probably coming from your cervix so don't fear. I ended up in emergency one night thanks to cervical bleeding and because I hadn't felt bubs in days! I'm sure everything is a-ok

AFM, not much to report. Had an ob appt yesterday and he says my girl looks "perfect". His words

I've had heaps of stretchy pain and just general aching everywhere and I'm so utterly exhausted it's not even funny. I'm having my thyroid levels re tested (as I have Hashimoto's) because I think it's time to up my Thyroxine meds.

Hope you all have a lovely day ladies!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh. Well after my little rant, I was awake from 1am to 5am staring at the roof.

I can't WAIT until this pillow arrives! Although I'm not sure it will solve that problem because it was bub kicking me that woke me up and kept me awake. I don't begrudge it as such but it's so BORING staring at the roof all night lmao.

We got a lovely suprise yesterday. The friend who gave us basically a years worth of baby clothing came over yesterday and gave us a heap of things including a bassinet and a motorised swing. They're both basically brand new, and she only wants $45 for them!
    I said that was all I was going to give her (because she insisted) but I'll be sending her more. There's no way I'm letting her get away with that *chuckle*. It's a huge weight off my mind though, I didn't realise how worried I was about not having a bassinet yet until I actually had one. Now that I have somewhere for bub to sleep (as DS is still in the convertible cot/toddler bed for now) I'm feeling a bit more ready to relax .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    MissX, 2 weeks will make all the difference. You will be able to see embryonic pole and heart-beat by then.
    6 weeks is just too early. I ovulated late, so I just worked out my "adjusted" 7 weeks, and had my scan then. The wait was awful, but the benefits definitely worth it.

I have my 20-week scan next Wednesday...my 12-week scan strongly suggested a girl, which I have mixed feelings about, but next Wednesday will confirm!!

Have that 2-hour glucose test on Tuesday...not looking forward to that again

J.
    So excited for you finding out the sex, J! Would you prefer another boy then, as you said mixed feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    I had a horrible day yesterday! I started spotting for the first time since 4 weeks. Rushed off to the ob for a scan but she couldn't find a cause! I wish this pregnancy would just give me a break I don't know how ill get through work today, probably a good thing I work in a hospital lol..

Missx sounds like everything is where it should be it's going to be a long 2 week wait but so worth it!

Eko I'm so jealous! I can't wait to be kicked haha
    Fel- I am sure you will be fine. I've had quite a lot of bleeding and bub is happy in there. It is so worrying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Ugh. Well after my little rant, I was awake from 1am to 5am staring at the roof.

I can't WAIT until this pillow arrives! Although I'm not sure it will solve that problem because it was bub kicking me that woke me up and kept me awake. I don't begrudge it as such but it's so BORING staring at the roof all night lmao.

We got a lovely suprise yesterday. The friend who gave us basically a years worth of baby clothing came over yesterday and gave us a heap of things including a bassinet and a motorised swing. They're both basically brand new, and she only wants $45 for them!
    I said that was all I was going to give her (because she insisted) but I'll be sending her more. There's no way I'm letting her get away with that *chuckle*. It's a huge weight off my mind though, I didn't realise how worried I was about not having a bassinet yet until I actually had one. Now that I have somewhere for bub to sleep (as DS is still in the convertible cot/toddler bed for now) I'm feeling a bit more ready to relax .
    I love friends who pass on free stuff! Motorised swings can be a God send if they keep a newborn asleep while you get on doing other things. I couldn't put DS down for the first few months, hoping this one will be a bit better but doubt it! My son is also still in his cot bed. Going to convert it into the toddler bed very soon (now that he's over his recent sleep issue and is less likely to keep getting up!) and then buy him a proper single bed before bub is born so I can use the cot again. Nothing but expense!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I do want another boy...perhaps I am trying to re-create the same wonderful experiences I had with Oscar? Perhaps I am scared I wont know what to do with a girl? So many emotions!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Yes, I do want another boy...perhaps I am trying to re-create the same wonderful experiences I had with Oscar? Perhaps I am scared I wont know what to do with a girl? So many emotions!
    J.
    From my experiences and observations this is what I have learned!

Girls -
    from the start are daddy's girls
    Very independent at an early age
    Develop a lot faster than boys (crawling, walking, talking etc)
    Toddlers have lots of attitude
    Like lots of pretty things, spend way to much money on clothes for them
    Turn into mummy's girls when older

Boys -
    From the start are mummy's boys
    Aren't as 'quick' as girls
    Rough and tough
    Go with the flow but quite emotional
    A lot of energy
    Turn into daddy's boys when older

Personally I'm not fussed what we have next but would love the option of experiencing both sexes

That's just my thoughts )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocciequeen For This Useful Post:

J37  (17-01-2013)