Closed Thread
Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Fantastic bond girl. It's so good seeing your little blob for the first time. My ob told me 2% chance, that helped me relax a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Congrats maybe and bond girl so exciting!

Love the photo ftm! Does look like a girl.

Bond girl my sister had a mamas and Pappas pram and when they returned home from overseas I did lots of research. My understanding from speaking to mamas and papas and a safety authority was that it did not meet the Australian safety standards but don't know if the capsule is the same. What I was told is that aus is far stricter on the safety standards than the uk. However I would ring whoever oversees road safety standards in act and check I think from memory you can get an adaptor for another capsule that can be hired from hire for baby etc. in the end my sister just used an aus car seat
    And transferred. Hope that helps.

:-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Bond girl great to hear I also love the 1% statistic I wish someone would have told me!
    I told my best friend today now to prepare myself to tell my parents and my in laws...I am so afraid of disappointment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why would they be disappointed Nila?

Yes I never knew that about the 1% before. Made me feel much better!

Sage- thanks for your advice re. car seat. In the UK I used the capsule with an isofix base which is really safe as it anchors onto bars in the seat of your car. I've seen several capsules for sale here which seem to be similar with a base that you click the capsule onto. Looks the same to me- and no top tether straps in the pictures. So hoping I am allowed to use a similar base for the Mamas and Papas one I've got. They sell them for my capsule so that's no problem. Will ring around and try to find out. Alternatively I know some maxi cosi capsules fit onto my pram base so could buy one of those if all else fails and still be able to transfer bub easily from car to pram!

Thanks
    Reviews

Glad your scan went well bond girl, interesting about the 1% statistic, wish I was told that too.

Good luck telling the in laws and your parents nila, why are you worried they will be disappointed?

I told my 10yo niece tonight she was going to be a big cousin again... Her reaction 'oh my goodness not another one'. Not quite the reaction we were expecting, my mum was mortified. Meh, she's 10. This will be cousin no. 9 for her. And bubs is due the day after her birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mainly its just the way my parents say things they are not always the most supporting people in terms of emotionally support, I think to a certain extent they would be expecting it but just not so soon!
    I have always been a bit on the chunkier side and when we moved to a really small town in Canada I started to get a bit depressed and started to eat a lot in return i gained more weight and from then on (its been about 10 years) she has been calling my fat belly "lily" and it hurts and she doesnt see how that hurts so i think for me to be pregnant only 2 years after my last she will kind of be a little disappointed specially since we arent hugely financially stable but i guess she will have to deal with it. I honestly never thought of twins so now it will be critical to take these 30 odd weeks and get our finances straight and make our family proud that is my New years resolution i think! Lets just hope my parents dont take it too badly! I am also very emotional which doesnt help haha

has anyone made a new years resolutions?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs Nila! That must be really hard and doesn't sound like ur mum understands how you feel.

New years resolution to finish my postgrad study by march and to pay off as much of the mortgage as possible prior to mat leave. We are
    In an okay position at the moment but losing my income will be a decent difference for us and we will have to adjust our lifestyle a fair bit. I have been looking into buying baby stuff on sale. As the big stuff that we need to buy brand new cot pram car seat are all so expensive. Do you have heaps of things from your boys left that you can use?

Oh my other new years
    Resolution is to keep
    Exercising.

Thanks
    Reviews

I do have a fair bit left like the cot, pram and swing chair but may need to get at least one more car seat or 2 and may need to eventually buy another cot...clothes wise I gave to my sister as she also had a little boy 9 months ago so will get those back but of I have girls I don't have much. It all helps an I can alway put on layby and slowly pay it off till babies come might start that soon actually I must do heaps of research my sister might give me some pointers as she is really good at it

Thanks
    Reviews

Exercising is a good one which I would like to do but I need to ask my ob first as I have no idea on multiple pregnancies plus last time I exercised I had a little bleeding so have been avoiding it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Nila, are you lucky enough that your car can accommodate 4 kids? My SIL had a seven seat car, fell pregnant with baby number 5, which turned out being 5 and 6. They are now in a position where if they want to go anywhere as a family, they have to take 2 cars.

No new years resolution for me this year.