Closed Thread
Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Facials, pedicures and manicures are perfectly fine. It is deep tissue massage which needs to be avoided, as it releases potassium, lactic acid, and other muscle substrates, into the circulation, which the neonatal heart is not yet equipped for.
    I would go for the pampering aspect...pedicure, manicure, eyebrow shape etc.
    You actually can have a spa in pregnancy...there is a protective mucus plug in the cervix which protects uterine contents from the outside world. We have a spa at home...as long as you don't aim jets into your vagina, it's just a bath with bubbles!!
    J.
    I thought it was the heat of the spa or bath that could cook the baby??

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    I thought this too! If its not true the first thing ill be doing is having a bath lol I've missed my baths!

Thanks
    Reviews

Just a quick question. I'm a bit worried today I had a mc chicken from McDonald's and by the time I got to it it was warm. Is this dangerous? The restaurant was really busy so I thought I'd have one as the chicken wouldn't have been sitting there too long. I used to work at this store and I know their food safety is very high but I'm worried about listeria

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    As long as you don't overheat, and become dehydrated, it's fine!...Just like a hot bath. And no, you wont cook the baby
    Spas are great towards the end, when the warmth and buoyancy is very soothing.
    As long as you're not pointing jets up your vagina, it's fine.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews

As long as you don't overheat, and become dehydrated, it's fine!...Just like a hot bath. And no, you wont cook the baby
    Spas are great towards the end, when the warmth and buoyancy is very soothing.
    As long as you're not pointing jets up your vagina, it's fine.
    J x.
    Omg all this time I thought u weren't allowed spas or baths that were hot only warm! Even with my first pregnancy!!! I have missed out!!!!!
    Someone could of told me this before my holiday not after lol!!
    Btw I had no idea about the giny bit it hasn't even crossed my mind lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Just a quick question. I'm a bit worried today I had a mc chicken from McDonald's and by the time I got to it it was warm. Is this dangerous? The restaurant was really busy so I thought I'd have one as the chicken wouldn't have been sitting there too long. I used to work at this store and I know their food safety is very high but I'm worried about listeria
    The chicken would have been well cooked initially, and the fact that it was warm when it got to you is not a problem. Problems arise when ready-to-eat foods are sitting in bain-maries for hours. McDonalds now make to order, so they don't have burgers sitting around for ages anymore like they used to. The risk of Listeria in a well-cooked made-to-order chicken burger is very very low. OK, so it was a little warm when it got to you...but I assume minutes not hours. Hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks
    Reviews

The chicken would have been well cooked initially, and the fact that it was warm when it got to you is not a problem. Problems arise when ready-to-eat foods are sitting in bain-maries for hours. McDonalds now make to order, so they don't have burgers sitting around for ages anymore like they used to. The risk of Listeria in a well-cooked made-to-order chicken burger is very very low. OK, so it was a little warm when it got to you...but I assume minutes not hours. Hope you enjoyed it!
    Thanks J,
    I really did enjoy it haha. I suppose I haven't really been taking the listeria thing as serious as i should be. After a bit if research I've realised a lot of foods I assumed safe aren't that safe. I'm going to try and be careful from now on.
    Thanks again J I really appreciate your help
    Fel x

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm crazy. Someone tell me I'm crazy. Lately I've been writing and re-writing a list of the things I need to buy to go into my bag when I go in to have this bub.
    It's like it's the only thing keeping me sane at the moment!
    I'm so excited and impatient compared to my first pregnancy. Last time I was desperately hoping I would NEVER go into labour as I was terrified of a natural birth (with good reason, it turned out). This time because I'm having a caesarean I'm not scared at all and I just want to meet this baby and start having cuddles and sleepless nights.

Obsessive much? *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol Eko!!! Ur not insane just trying to be organized!

I'm slightly insane as every time I go to the toilet for number 2 I keep thinking ill push out a baby!!!

The baby is also bouncing or rolling around on my cervix all the time (assuming it is that) and I'm finding it rather uncomfortable even when in standing up moving around or on thw toilet! Is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem? Don't remember this from first pregnancy!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Totally normal, I head butted down low all the time. Hiccups are the WORST! Lol.