Closed Thread
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Scan went well. It was so incredible seeing bubs. We are now armed with pics and telling our grandparents today which will be nice. Then telling work tomorrow... If I summons up the courage to do it. Any tips on how best to approach a boss? (he won't be that surprised but still nervous telling him)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Scan went well. It was so incredible seeing bubs. We are now armed with pics and telling our grandparents today which will be nice. Then telling work tomorrow... If I summons up the courage to do it. Any tips on how best to approach a boss? (he won't be that surprised but still nervous telling him)
    Just wanted to wish you luck with telling your boss. I am almost 17 weeks pregnant and still haven't told anyone at work (I'm the only female at my workplace) so I'm quietly freaking out about finally doing it. I'm pretty sure my two bosses will be shocked to say the least ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Good luck telling your boss. That's what I'm dreading. My boss in unlikely to take it well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    The 12-week scan is standard practice in Australia, and you are entitled to one. It screens for Down's syndrome. It involves a blood test and an ultrasound, and you will be given a risk ratio for Down's.
    You are entitled to one, Medicare part-pays, and if he still refuses, contact the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists for their opinion. Tell your GP you are doing that...chances are you will have your scan in no time!!
    Tell your GP you feel your antenatal care is suboptimal. Has he tested for: rubella, syphilis, HIV, Hep B and C, parvovirus, iron levels, thyroid, vit D, as well as the useful electrolytes, LFTs...
    J.
    Thankyou j, we are going to Perth for Xmas and I asked my mum to ask her doc if he does babies and maybe we could have a scan up there, don't like my chances though! Otherwise when we come back I should be 10 weeks, ill go have another appt and demand my u/s my mum thinks I'm being silly and just not have one until 18 weeks.....

Sorry girls haven't had much of a chance to come in between me being sick and dealing with ds.

Good luck maybee!
    Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe baybee- great news about your scan! So exciting being able to tell people! Re. telling your boss, I would just raise it during a supervision meeting/1 to 1 (whatever you have!) and just tell him. There is no other way to put it really!

I have my early u/s this afternoon- can't wait!

I have a question for anyone who knows about car seats. I wonder if anyone out there can help me? When I emigrated here from the UK and brought my Mamas and Papas Sola pram and Aton car seat with me. The aton is like a capsule. I want to use the car seat for the next bub as it clips onto the pram, so easy to use, but not sure if it conforms to Australian standards as it doesn't have a 'top tether' system. You can use a belted base with it (like an isofix base, but using a belt) to click it into.

So basically my question is, can I use a belted base with no top tether on a capsule in Australia? All the other capsules I've seen have had big straps going across the top making it hard to get bub in and out of the seat, and I want to transfer the seat to the pram! I am so confused!!

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Maybe baybee- great news about your scan! So exciting being able to tell people! Re. telling your boss, I would just raise it during a supervision meeting/1 to 1 (whatever you have!) and just tell him. There is no other way to put it really!

I have my early u/s this afternoon- can't wait!

I have a question for anyone who knows about car seats. I wonder if anyone out there can help me? When I emigrated here from the UK and brought my Mamas and Papas Sola pram and Aton car seat with me. The aton is like a capsule. I want to use the car seat for the next bub as it clips onto the pram, so easy to use, but not sure if it conforms to Australian standards as it doesn't have a 'top tether' system. You can use a belted base with it (like an isofix base, but using a belt) to click it into.

So basically my question is, can I use a belted base with no top tether on a capsule in Australia? All the other capsules I've seen have had big straps going across the top making it hard to get bub in and out of the seat, and I want to transfer the seat to the pram! I am so confused!!

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer!
    This is just a guess mind you, but your local Maternal and Child Health Centre would probably either know, or know who to ask? Worth giving them a call. The other source of information may be VicRoads, or your State-equivalent (where do you live?).
    That's where I'd start. Places like Baby Bunting etc usually only help if you are buying off them.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks J, I might try that. I'm in the ACT so will see what the local authority says. 15 mins til my ultrasound! Think hubby has forgotten, no text from him!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Can't wait to hear about it Bond girl good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good news, scan showed I have one baby with a heartbeat measuring 6+6. Two days ahead of my dates, giving me a new EDD of 1st August. Got a photo of our little blob, lol. Fs said the chance of miscarriage now he's seen the heartbeat is only 1% Fx he's right!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Woohoo such good news Bond girl! And I like the 1% statistics. I wish someone told me that, I think I would have been more relaxed over the last few weeks.