Closed Thread
Page 57 of 118 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Does anybody else read the other topics on bubhub and freak out? I am reading some on Edwards syndrome and ectopic and freaking out!!! Don't know why I can't just accept that I am going to be fine and so will bub - but I am always thinking the worst! Crazy thing is, I am not like this normally!!! I am normally quite upbeat and think positively, so this is driving DH and me nuts!!!! He wants me to stop reading I guess I want to be informed of what could go wrong - but it's not like I have reasons to think the worst. I am 6w7d today and have had no spotting, slight cramping last week and my boobs are quite sore!! So seems to be all fine. I think I will be a little better next week after the scan- I hope!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all!

Congrats on the scan choccie! Looks good. Our photos are nowhere near as clear but we do have a DVD! The ultrasound was really quick I was a bit disappointed with the dr he was nowhere near as good as our 12 week guy at explaining things but all is on track and we have a healthy bubba which is so exciting!

At Missx I saw the thread on Edwards syndrome and read as I have read some of the posters journey. It was truly heart breaking for me. When I was in the first 12 weeks our gp sat us down and told us the risks for miscarriage. I found this quite confronting. And Didnt get overly excited to begin with. I think it's pretty normal to be anxious in the first twelve weeks. However, I try to place a little faith in the universe and that whatever will be will be etc. i always think to myself we have been so lucky to be on this journey - which was relatively short. I have so many friends that are still ttc and having difficulties. So I try to reframe to how Lucky we are!

Hope that helps in some Way.

Choccie hope the cyclone stays away. Our weather is amazing really fires in one area cyclones in another.

Nila my dh said they same last night I didnt tell him i bought some mcn off eBay yesterday! ;-)

Hope u all have a good day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Does anybody else read the other topics on bubhub and freak out? I am reading some on Edwards syndrome and ectopic and freaking out!!! Don't know why I can't just accept that I am going to be fine and so will bub - but I am always thinking the worst! Crazy thing is, I am not like this normally!!! I am normally quite upbeat and think positively, so this is driving DH and me nuts!!!! He wants me to stop reading I guess I want to be informed of what could go wrong - but it's not like I have reasons to think the worst. I am 6w7d today and have had no spotting, slight cramping last week and my boobs are quite sore!! So seems to be all fine. I think I will be a little better next week after the scan- I hope!!!
    Can I make a suggestion MissXamA? Don't read those threads anymore. I find that they can be distressing more than anything when pregnant and already worrying and you need to concentrate on being positive for that little baby you're growing. Yes, it's great to be informed but sometimes information can be more of a hindrance. Try to concentrate on filling that bub with positive energy. I know it's easier said than done believe me! I'm almost 21 weeks and still worry almost every day! At the end of the day you can't change the outcome so best to try and enjoy the ride

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Just thought is pop back in and say "hi" I had a quick read and glad to see everyone is doing well and we have a few newbies! We have been away and while we were away I deleted facebook ans had a bit of time off the net hope u all had good christmas' and new years.....eek our babies are due this year haha

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    I am dying to do a bit of baby shopping but hubby won't let me as we already have stuff from the other 2 maybe I will sneak something in the next week to which he won't find out till it comes in the mail!!
    I'm hitting the baby shops tonight. DH is working, so going to take mum for a look around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sometimes it's better not to read these things. You are going to worry anyway, so better not to give yourself something else to worry about.

I found I was stressing over my risk ratios up until the 12 week scan. I was so worried they would come back high risk. I'm a little more relaxed now, but still worry a little about whether bub is still ok.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Sage and FTM - I do try and not go into them, but also realizing just how much I don't know.
    After typing my post, I actually found out a friend of mine who is the size of a bean pole also has PCOS and has had 2 of the best pregnancies and has the most adorable babies ever!! I knew she had PCOS, so my heart had grown so much and I am really positive now! My body is growing a beautiful little bubba and I deserve it! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Sometimes it's better not to read these things. You are going to worry anyway, so better not to give yourself something else to worry about.

I found I was stressing over my risk ratios up until the 12 week scan. I was so worried they would come back high risk. I'm a little more relaxed now, but still worry a little about whether bub is still ok.
    I think I will be a little more at ease next week when we have a dating scan. At the moment, the only proof I have of being pregnant is my HPT's, so I keep testing every few days and the positive line always comes up before the control line even starts to show and it is so dark!! So next week if I can see a HB, I will be a little more relieved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, bad things happen, but very, very rarely. Having good Antenatal Care with an OBGYN you trust aims to deliver the best possible outcome by early detection and early intervention. Stop reading the horror stories, and direct your concerns to your OBGYN. You'll feel so much better!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello All!

It's been a long, long, long time since I have been in. I was just finding after the last loss I was really struggling in the lead up to the 12 week scan (where everything went wrong last time) so I had to remove myself from a lot of things. I actually started to get really anxious and wasn't sleeping over it, but luckily that part is over now. We had our NT scan last week and everything came back as it should, Phew! The first thing they checked was the head and I was very relieved to see we had a full skull and normal brain development for this stage. I had myself so worked up there would be abnormalities again, even though I knew the odds were so low of anything being wrong.

So I am 14 weeks tomorrow and starting to relax a little, or thought I was, I have an OB appointment tomorrow and just started to feel that same anxious feeling about going in and there being no heart beat. I really have to try get myself out of this mindset.

It is great to see everyone coming along so well, I haven't read that far back yet but it was so good to see all the scans are coming back well (with cute little bub pics) and all the new additions.

2013 is going to be a good year!