Closed Thread
Page 50 of 118 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    It can develop quite quickly, and obviously worsen quite quickly too if left untreated. Did you have GD with your first? I did, so I know my risk is high for a second time. No biggies; just BSLs, insulin and more frequent OBGYN appts...no real drama.
    Sounds like you're convinced, though, especially with that urine output! Your OBGYN will contact you immediately, but the answer to your question is yes...the onset of Gestational Diabetes is quite fast.
    J.
    Blech. I didn't have GD last time but apparently I only just passed the 2 hour test so I could have been borderline. Oh well I'm not going to stress about it. I was just kind of hoping the symptoms could be a UTI as well.
    It's just a curiosity more than anything I guess because I'm generally really quite healthy so you'd think of all people I'd not be that likely to develop GD. Ah well, here's hoping I go in for my next appointment and get told the results were fine and I don't have to worry about anything .
    Thanks for that though, I had no idea that GD could come on that quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great bump Eko

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Lots going on last couple of days! Will try to reply properly when I go back to work tomorrow 😞
    Ftm how exciting to see your lil princess again
    Felh I'm glad you are ok after your accident, bummer about the car.
    Eko nice bump you have. Good luck for your results

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,
    Just a quick check in, waiting at Melbourne airport half way home now. Was so sad to say goodbye to my parents .
    22w scan this week which is exciting as its been 10 weeks since the last scan! Baby is moving heaps now and keeping me awake bah!
    Nice to see everyone is doing well and I hope you all had a good festive season!
    Back to reality this week and no grandparents around to look after dd dam it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Blech. I didn't have GD last time but apparently I only just passed the 2 hour test so I could have been borderline. Oh well I'm not going to stress about it. I was just kind of hoping the symptoms could be a UTI as well.
    It's just a curiosity more than anything I guess because I'm generally really quite healthy so you'd think of all people I'd not be that likely to develop GD. Ah well, here's hoping I go in for my next appointment and get told the results were fine and I don't have to worry about anything .
    Thanks for that though, I had no idea that GD could come on that quickly!
    Gestational diabetes is not about whether you're healthy; it's pathogenesis lies within the DNA of your placenta (shared DNA). You and hubby can be perfectly healthy, but for some random reason get GD. And does getting GD mean you'll go on to Type 2 Diabetes? It isn't really known. It goes just as quickly; within a few hours of delivering Oscar, my BSLs were normal.
    J.
    Last edited by J37; 07-01-2013 at 11:08.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good to know about GD J! I am trying as much as I can to avoid, but to know it could still just happen... Well can still eat better, but not go crazy with a new diet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I need to go on holidays again. Was so nice that I was able to eat when away. I really am struggling with making food. Every thing I cook makes me feel ill during the cooking process. I have dreamt of pizza for days, finally decided to make it tonight, just put it in the oven and now feel so sick I'm wondering if I will throw up. Think its time DP got back in the kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its definitely the cooking process that does it! Im started to feel a bit better yesterday and my face is finally clearing up lol its been disgusting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure is FelH. We are trying lots of things that I can stick in the oven and leave whilst I'm sitting at the other end of the house so I don't smell it. Managed to eat 1 and 1/2 slices of pizza so thats a big meal for me these days.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    I think I need to go on holidays again. Was so nice that I was able to eat when away. I really am struggling with making food. Every thing I cook makes me feel ill during the cooking process. I have dreamt of pizza for days, finally decided to make it tonight, just put it in the oven and now feel so sick I'm wondering if I will throw up. Think its time DP got back in the kitchen.
    I know how you feel I don't like the smell of the food cooking but found that as long as I don't make it I could eat it! Makes things a bit complicated