Closed Thread
Page 49 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Awww felh you are having a shocker aren't you?

I had my morph scan today and my little princess is perfect and is indeed a she
    Congratulations! Have you rewatched the DVD several times?
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Thanks J I'm going to start them tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day!
    Aw FTM I'm so glad your morph scan went well

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I missed posting a bump picture before, so here's my most recent one from tonight ('scuse the undies! *chuckle*).

26w4d and I feel HUGE but this is nothing on how big I was with DS (as I was overweight as well back then) so I shouldn't complain:
    PicsArt_1357385187559.jpg

Amusingly after looking at that I don't look as big as I feel, must be those body image issues getting in the way again. It's hard to believe that I only have 11 weeks to go!

J - Quick question. I went in for my GTT yesterday and the path used ketostix to check my ketones (apparently standard before a GTT, news to me!) and I had a moderate to large result before starting the test. I only knew what I was seeing because I've used ketostix in the past whilst low carbing and whilst it didn't come up with the darkest result it was probably somewhere between the moderate and large colour.
    I wasn't dehydrated, and have been eating normal amounts of carbohydrates every day, generally around 120g+. I only eat sugary foods very rarely, once every couple of weeks if I'm lucky. It was also supposed to be second morning urine that she tested but it was actually third or fourth because I'd had a huge cup of water before I left home. I fasted according to their instructions as well.

I seem to be thirsty quite often and downed 3.5L of water today even though it wasn't that hot. I usually drink about 2L.
    I've also had strong smelling (kind of like the sweet-ish, musty smell that you can get with a UTI) and darker coloured urine than is usual given that my usual 2L per day has me running clear and smell-free by midmorning even up until last week. After 3.5L this afternoon it still had colour which is extremely abnormal for me.

Ok so not so quick, but I was wondering how quickly can GD come on? I would have thought it would be relatively slow so I'm hoping that the chances that that's what my problem is are slim. I had an appointment with a doctor about 4 weeks ago where blood was taken and shortly after she said that I had no sign of diabetes so surely I would have had some indication at that stage?
    The doc did say that bub was growing quite well, she seemed suprised that he was as big as he was already.

I guess I'm clutching at straws. Obviously I'll wait for the results to come through before stressing myself, but I'm more curious than anything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Beautiful bump you have there Eko!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Well I missed posting a bump picture before, so here's my most recent one from tonight ('scuse the undies! *chuckle*).

26w4d and I feel HUGE but this is nothing on how big I was with DS (as I was overweight as well back then) so I shouldn't complain:
    Attachment 29778

Amusingly after looking at that I don't look as big as I feel, must be those body image issues getting in the way again. It's hard to believe that I only have 11 weeks to go!

J - Quick question. I went in for my GTT yesterday and the path used ketostix to check my ketones (apparently standard before a GTT, news to me!) and I had a moderate to large result before starting the test. I only knew what I was seeing because I've used ketostix in the past whilst low carbing and whilst it didn't come up with the darkest result it was probably somewhere between the moderate and large colour.
    I wasn't dehydrated, and have been eating normal amounts of carbohydrates every day, generally around 120g+. I only eat sugary foods very rarely, once every couple of weeks if I'm lucky. It was also supposed to be second morning urine that she tested but it was actually third or fourth because I'd had a huge cup of water before I left home. I fasted according to their instructions as well.

I seem to be thirsty quite often and downed 3.5L of water today even though it wasn't that hot. I usually drink about 2L.
    I've also had strong smelling (kind of like the sweet-ish, musty smell that you can get with a UTI) and darker coloured urine than is usual given that my usual 2L per day has me running clear and smell-free by midmorning even up until last week. After 3.5L this afternoon it still had colour which is extremely abnormal for me.

Ok so not so quick, but I was wondering how quickly can GD come on? I would have thought it would be relatively slow so I'm hoping that the chances that that's what my problem is are slim. I had an appointment with a doctor about 4 weeks ago where blood was taken and shortly after she said that I had no sign of diabetes so surely I would have had some indication at that stage?
    The doc did say that bub was growing quite well, she seemed suprised that he was as big as he was already.

I guess I'm clutching at straws. Obviously I'll wait for the results to come through before stressing myself, but I'm more curious than anything.
    It can develop quite quickly, and obviously worsen quite quickly too if left untreated. Did you have GD with your first? I did, so I know my risk is high for a second time. No biggies; just BSLs, insulin and more frequent OBGYN appts...no real drama.
    Sounds like you're convinced, though, especially with that urine output! Your OBGYN will contact you immediately, but the answer to your question is yes...the onset of Gestational Diabetes is quite fast.
    J.
    Last edited by J37; 05-01-2013 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    I think I might get one tomorrow if I can be bothered leaving the house in this heat!
    I'm having a horrible day! I was just dropping DH at a friends and had a car accident luckily everyone is ok except my car!
    Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you're not too sore today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Great bump Eko!

Thanks
    Reviews

FelH - hope you are ok from your accident!

Eko - you look great 😃

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Congratulations! Have you rewatched the DVD several times?
    J.
    I didn't get a DVD but I got pictures and yes, I keep looking at them as the sonographer got some great shots of her waving

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    I think I might get one tomorrow if I can be bothered leaving the house in this heat!
    I'm having a horrible day! I was just dropping DH at a friends and had a car accident luckily everyone is ok except my car!
    I hope you don't feel too bad today!