Closed Thread
Page 41 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Don't sell or give away those cute boys' clothes...put them in a box for your next baby!
    J.
    Thanks J, I've done just that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here's a question for those in their 2nd trimester...
    Who is using "anti-stretch mark" cream on their belly? I used the Mustela cream with Oscar (only because it was given to me, I don't usually believe in that sort of crap!). But...I did not get any stretch marks with Oscar. I don't think I have the skin type prone to them anyway, but given it may have worked, I have restarted. Don't want to be arrogant and tempt fate!
    I have no commercial interest in Mustela by the way!...But I did find it lovely to apply, and it didn't stain my clothes. I was given a Clarins oil too, but it was way too greasy.
    Just something to ponder.
    J x.
    I'm not using a stretch mark cream as such. I'm applying a toning cream as it gets really itchy and this seems to soothe it for me. I'm prone to stretch marks so I doubt it would make a difference for me. I already have two very angry red ones on my lower tummy and two very small ones no either side of my belly button

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

It's been awhile since I have been on here as been busy spending time as a family while my DH was on leave over Christmas and the New Year. I have read back a bit and trying to catch up.

Cute scan pictures Dream Girl

Cream on belly - last time I used Bio oil every night and managed to avoid stretch marks until 38 weeks (and I was induced at 38+6) so almost avoided them completely. Didn't bother me too much as they have faded and are barely noticeable now. I am hoping I won't get too many new ones this time around.

J you mentioned the convenience of finding out the sex second time around. I totally agree it would be far easier but I still really want this one to be a surprise. Luckily we didn't tell anyone last time when we found out DD was a girl so we got given plenty of neutral newborn clothing I can use and all my basics like blankets and wraps and bouncer and playmat and everything are all gender neutral so I think it should be ok. it will be a huge challenge for me though as I am usually a super organised control freak. I am going to let myself buy one girl and one boy baby outfit to take to hospital for baby to come home in. With the one we don't use I will just donate it to charity or pass it on to a friend as this is going to be our last baby.

AFM - 15 weeks today! Feels like this pregnancy is going way too fast I hope it slows down. We had a great time telling our families our news on Christmas, I am so glad I waited, it was great timing with everyone all together. I had an ob appointment last week and everything is looking good. Unfortunately couldn't hear baby heartbeat with the Doppler so did another scan. It was great watching baby kick its little legs on the screen. I can't wait to feel some movement.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPetal For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holiday negatives bit of a vent. I got to the airport Christmas Eve to discover that my motion sickness tablets are not safe in pregnancy so the whole flight was horrible (including throwing up in business class). The visit home was actually really good and I survived DP's relatives as well. Today we came home. The flight out of Melbourne was delayed because they couldn't find the wheelchair of a person on the flight before ours. 40 minutes later we board. I am traveling with the Blackmores Travel Calm which are useless for me we finally got to Brisbane where we were whisked so quickly from one flight to the next that I didn't even have time for a loo break. Only to find out 10 minutes out of Townsville that they left all the baggage including DP's wheelchair in Brisbane. Not normally to much of an issue but with no legs and only 1 full arm he cant use any other chair and I can't carry our carry-on luggage and push him. Soooooo not happy!! At least we are now home!

Question for J, do you know of any other motion sickness tablets I can take that might work better. I normally take Kwells which are fantastic but states not to take during pregnancy.

Will now go back and read what everyone else has been up to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Like you dream girl I want the surprise but sometimes I think knowing would b easier.
    Do you have any feelings as to what it may be?
    Anyone else not finding out the gender?
    I'm 5 weeks today! Yay :-)
    Off to GP tomorrow.
    We aren't finding out. We want it to be a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I think it's funny lots of us initially thought boy. It will be interesting to see how many people's gut instinct is correct
    I have thought since before I did the test when I just "felt" like I was pregnant that I am having a girl. My nephew (who is 4) has picked baby stuff for 4 other bubs that are gender specific and gotten it right every time and has picked something pink for bub. But it will probably be a boy now haha

Here's a question for those in their 2nd trimester...
    Who is using "anti-stretch mark" cream on their belly? I used the Mustela cream with Oscar (only because it was given to me, I don't usually believe in that sort of crap!). But...I did not get any stretch marks with Oscar. I don't think I have the skin type prone to them anyway, but given it may have worked, I have restarted. Don't want to be arrogant and tempt fate!
    I have no commercial interest in Mustela by the way!...But I did find it lovely to apply, and it didn't stain my clothes. I was given a Clarins oil too, but it was way too greasy.
    Just something to ponder.
    J x.
    I have so many stretch marks already it doesn't bother me. I grew to fast as a child then got fat so I don't mind really.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Eko  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

I'd be interested to hear the answer on travel sickness tablets. We're going on a cruise in 4 weeks. I usually get sea sick, so this could've interesting.

Sounds like you had a rough time on holidays. Hopefully you can relax soon.

It's supposed to be 44 degrees here tomorrow. How am I going to cope with that?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Like you dream girl I want the surprise but sometimes I think knowing would b easier.
    Do you have any feelings as to what it may be?
    Anyone else not finding out the gender?
    I'm 5 weeks today! Yay :-)
    Off to GP tomorrow.
    We seem to be the minority not finding out what sex it is. I really have no idea but DH and I have been struggling with boys names that we like so we probably end up with a boy. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    We seem to be the minority not finding out what sex it is. I really have no idea but DH and I have been struggling with boys names that we like so we probably end up with a boy. Lol
    We're struggling with boys names too

Thanks
    Reviews

I would have considered not find out if I was only having one but now with 2 on the way I want to be as prepared as possible and we are also having problems finding boys names we like!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

1979nic  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    I don't want to find out either!!! DH does, but I have told him we can for the next one - but I really want the first to be a surprise!!!