Closed Thread
Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck for your surgery FelH - I see a lot of general anaesthetics for caesarean sections when the epidural doesnt work or for an emergency and the babies come out crying so try not to worry!

Glad your appintment went well lil smurfy.

hi to everyone else i think i have missed a few pages!

as usual just very busy with work. i have dropped my hours from 5 days per week to 4 days per week starting this week so hopefully i will feel better. my back is already starting to give me trouble. just so much standing manual handling.

the doctor called me today to let me know that my full CVS results were perfect, phew! i actually went to my doc appointment on monday and he didnt have the results yet! even though he said to come on the monday for the results! anyway i got him to u/s bub so now i know for sure the cvs did not affect bub.

does anyone else find pregnancy so abstract. i mean i know our baby is in there and growing but because i cant feel kicks yet and my tummy only has a small bulge i am finding it difficult to have a strong bond. i feel awful even writing that because we want this more than anything. anyone else feel the same? for ladies that had babies before - does the bond and feeling like you are really pregnant / having a baby come more when the kicks start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    good luck for your surgery FelH - I see a lot of general anaesthetics for caesarean sections when the epidural doesnt work or for an emergency and the babies come out crying so try not to worry!

as usual just very busy with work. i have dropped my hours from 5 days per week to 4 days per week starting this week so hopefully i will feel better. my back is already starting to give me trouble. just so much standing manual handling.

the doctor called me today to let me know that my full CVS results were perfect, phew! i actually went to my doc appointment on monday and he didnt have the results yet! even though he said to come on the monday for the results! anyway i got him to u/s bub so now i know for sure the cvs did not affect bub.

does anyone else find pregnancy so abstract. i mean i know our baby is in there and growing but because i cant feel kicks yet and my tummy only has a small bulge i am finding it difficult to have a strong bond. i feel awful even writing that because we want this more than anything. anyone else feel the same? for ladies that had babies before - does the bond and feeling like you are really pregnant / having a baby come more when the kicks start?
    The bond definitely becomes better when you can feel baby move and once we knew the sex of our kids...cause after that it started to real not something that can only be seen on an ultrasound so don't worry about not feeling the bond yet there is still plenty of time to bond with the bub!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

button2012  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    The bond definitely becomes better when you can feel baby move and once we knew the sex of our kids...cause after that it started to real not something that can only be seen on an ultrasound so don't worry about not feeling the bond yet there is still plenty of time to bond with the bub!!
    Absolutely agree with this! I felt very disconnected to my pregnancy. That is until they told me I was carrying a girl. From that moment everything changed. I can't explain it but suddenly it was real and she's mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post

For me, absolutely with Oscar. Once I felt him move daily, that's when the bonding began, and increased particularly in the last few weeks. Plus, I really wanted a boy, and after my 20-week scan I became more excited, and he became "him" rather than "it"...which also made a difference.
    This hasn't happened yet for me obviously. The thing I am worried about is loving a second child as much as I love Oscar; all multiple Mums say that you do.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe I can relate a little. I feel a bit more attached to the pregnancy now that it's out in the open but I have had people say to me are you excited? Of course we are excited and thrilled but we aren't really 'wow look at us' type of people. We both hate attention and fuss so we are somewhat low key people. I think more bonding will happen when we can see a bump, feel movement and when we know the gender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you ladies, this is such a supportive thread. i am wondering if finding out the gender would help with making it feel more real, and bonding. i am also really looking forward to when i can feel kicks. I will b 15 weeks tomorrow and I am probably imagining it but when lying down i think i notice a bubbling feeling every now and then - its probably just my bowel though lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sitting in day surgery waiting my turn so scared

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    Sitting in day surgery waiting my turn so scared
    Big hugs. I'm sure everything will be fine. Your OB sounds very confident 😃 try your best to relax and I'm sure it'll be all down before you know it

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck felh. I'm sure it will all be fine. Thinking of you. Big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck FelH sure it will all go well.