Closed Thread
Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    I'm glad I didn't get the vomiting bit!
    I know I should enjoy it but it worries me heaps too I decided that I need a doppler lol. The only thing I have that reminds me im pregnant is the veins on my boobs!
    I have no symptoms either apart from my expanding belly now at 18w, but from the beginning I had none, I wouldn't worry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Even though I had no symptoms with DS I have still been worried this time as they are so mild. Silly isn't it, pregnancy is just one big worry!

Re. bras. I never needed a maternity bra during pregnancy. my boobs didn't grow until my milk came in, then it was more from the convenience of the opening straps to feed that I bought them. I don't remember pain when my milk came in either. Just pain during let down when bub first started feeding. Toe curling for a few seconds then relief!

off to bundaberg for work today. Despite missing DS I will be glad for two nights off. Last night DH went out with his mates and Toby wouldn't go to sleep until 8.40! I was tearing my hair out. Then he woke today at 5.50. Great. Think he'll be cranky today. Will be sleeping on the plane later!

Happy Sunday!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely day at market today, actually sold a bit so now have money to pay for the NT scan in the morning also went out for lunch (Grandparents sent me money to go to lunch as a Christmas gift) so that was nice although I am still not eating anywhere near as much as I used to

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Just popping my head in to ask a quick question, I have been tossing up the thought of studying to become a midwife, I thought I remembered someone saying they were studying at the moment in here?
    Hi Channy,
    yes i am a midwife. I was a registered nurse first though so did not do the undergraduate degree i did the post grad transition from nurse to midwife. Happy for you to ask me anything and PM me if you want. it is a wonderful profession but stress levels are high and shift work is hard to be honest!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to button2012 For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Question for you Button...
    When I transitioned from colostrum to milk with Oscar, about 2 days post-delivery, my breasts engorged obviously, but I never experienced the awful pain that many women seem to get when their milk comes in. I had heard lots of horror stories, and the "cold cabbage leaves" on the boobs trick. Apparently Knox Private in Melbourne still keep them in their post-natal ward, but I was just wondering what the general practice was now? Cold compresses?
    Just interested.
    J.

Ps. I don't say "boobs" to my patients if anyone was wondering, but "breasts" seems too clinical with you girls now! Anyone object?
    Hi J,

At the hospital i work at we dont use cabbage leaves because the hospital are worried about pesticides on the leaves. so we use cold packs for 20 mins at a time. also for engorgement we recommend breastfeeding on one side only for one side then next side for next feed to try drain the breast. if the engorgment continues with blocked ducts (hard little bumps) for more than 24 hours we recommend a one off electric expressing to drain the breast to decrease risk of mastitis. also massaging breasts in the shower towards the nipple. hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    Hi J,

At the hospital i work at we dont use cabbage leaves because the hospital are worried about pesticides on the leaves. so we use cold packs for 20 mins at a time. also for engorgement we recommend breastfeeding on one side only for one side then next side for next feed to try drain the breast. if the engorgment continues with blocked ducts (hard little bumps) for more than 24 hours we recommend a one off electric expressing to drain the breast to decrease risk of mastitis. also massaging breasts in the shower towards the nipple. hope that helps!
    Yes, thanks it does. I absolutely loved BF Oscar, but I seem to have forgotten some of the methodology. I was wondering whether to alternate sides each feed; cannot remember what I did last time. I do remember both Oscar and I seemed to have a "preferred side" though!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NT scan this morning and I have been awake on and off all night and finally gave up on sleep at 5am. I hope I am less anxious after this scan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck Toni!

Thanks
    Reviews
    J - I also loved BF my DD even after some problems at the beginning. I used to do both sides each feed but start from the opposite side each time (hope that makes sense) My DD seemed to prefer my left side and as a result I think I had slightly better supply off that side but not by much.

ToniS - I am feeling the same way. I have my NT scan today at lunch time. I won't get my results until Wednesday though as the place I go to does bloods on the same day as the scan. For us both having good scans today!

Hi everyone else Hope you all had a good weekend. As I said above NT scan today so really nervous but won't get blood results till Wednesday so still a wait even after the scan. Hope things go well and we can finally tell our immediate family next week on Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Good luck Toni and lilPetal.

I had my bloods done this morning for nuchal screening. Scan booked for 4th january