Closed Thread
Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Felh, I haven't had many symptoms at all. I was also really worried and anxious that something would go wrong. I am now 13wks and bubs is doing great. Like firsttimemummy said enjoy it while it lasts.

I was speaking to my sister today who asked if I had bought a maternity bra yet? Um no! She said I should start to consider it if I want my boobs to stay the same and for the extra support... Does anyone know when I should look into getting a maternity bra??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Just popping my head in to ask a quick question, I have been tossing up the thought of studying to become a midwife, I thought I remembered someone saying they were studying at the moment in here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think button is a midwife

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Felh, I haven't had many symptoms at all. I was also really worried and anxious that something would go wrong. I am now 13wks and bubs is doing great. Like firsttimemummy said enjoy it while it lasts.

I was speaking to my sister today who asked if I had bought a maternity bra yet? Um no! She said I should start to consider it if I want my boobs to stay the same and for the extra support... Does anyone know when I should look into getting a maternity bra??
    You don't require maternity bras until u are breast feeding (if you are) the only reason is the wire in the bra can interrupt ur milk supply other than that there is no need to have specific maternity bras if you don't feel the need just yet

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    You don't require maternity bras until u are breast feeding (if you are) the only reason is the wire in the bra can interrupt ur milk supply other than that there is no need to have specific maternity bras if you don't feel the need just yet
    Thanks choccie, I was dumbfounded when she said it. I'm only 13wks and a C cup and my bras still fit now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you to everyone for their reassurance; it was really comforting to know I am not alone. I don't mean to hurt my husband's feelings, but I really do need my space right now.

For those who haven't had any MS and are worried about it, please don't be. Some women just don't for some reason. My sister had none (which concerned her), and her pregnancy was completely fine. And for those of us who do have MS/or have had it, it is quite normal for it to stop quite suddenly. I went from vomiting many times a day, to virtually normal, in a few days...between the 12-13 week mark. Very thankful that bit's over. Now my main symptom is fatigue; ludicrously tired most of the time, which makes it hard to be very productive!

Nitey nite all, J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Thanks choccie, I was dumbfounded when she said it. I'm only 13wks and a C cup and my bras still fit now.
    Play it by ear; your boobs may get bigger a little further on, and I found with my last pregnancy that maternity bras were a great deal more comfortable...but that was right towards the end for me. Some women get bigger boobs earlier. If you plan to breast-feed, in most cases your milk will come in 2-3 days post-delivery and will increase in size considerably, so it's generally good advice to buy a few sizes up from your usual cup size.
    Just play it by ear, definitely.
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for you Button...
    When I transitioned from colostrum to milk with Oscar, about 2 days post-delivery, my breasts engorged obviously, but I never experienced the awful pain that many women seem to get when their milk comes in. I had heard lots of horror stories, and the "cold cabbage leaves" on the boobs trick. Apparently Knox Private in Melbourne still keep them in their post-natal ward, but I was just wondering what the general practice was now? Cold compresses?
    Just interested.
    J.

Ps. I don't say "boobs" to my patients if anyone was wondering, but "breasts" seems too clinical with you girls now! Anyone object?
    Last edited by J37; 15-12-2012 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Question for you Button...
    When I transitioned from colostrum to milk with Oscar, about 2 days post-delivery, my breasts engorged obviously, but I never experienced the awful pain that many women seem to get when their milk comes in. I had heard lots of horror stories, and the "cold cabbage leaves" on the boobs trick. Apparently Knox Private in Melbourne still keep them in their post-natal ward, but I was just wondering what the general practice was now? Cold compresses?
    Just interested.
    J.

Ps. I don't say "boobs" to my patients if anyone was wondering, but "breasts" seems too clinical with you girls now! Anyone object?
    Ha ha. No objections J. Thanks for the maternity bra advice too

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't have any objection toward the breast instead if boobs!! Silly that some people do
    I Didnt get the pain when my milk came in either I did get really emotional with ds1 on day 3 I just started to cry for no reason and couldn't stop!! I think the whole cabbage thing I think the cabbage itself has chemicals that help I don't think it's only the cold but some sort of chemical that releases.