Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No one has heard from J? I'm a bit more anxious for her now, hope she's ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Double post
    Last edited by SageS; 09-02-2013 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews

Grrr! Just wrote a long post and it said I had already posted it so went out of it and it was gone.

Eko - don't think so :-( we will just have to hope it's cos she is busy working and recovering.

Bond - that's awesome I hope you can achieve your vbac.

Mylittlestar how are you going? Hope ur having lovely newborn cuddles now. Your story has inspired me to get moving with organising for bubs and I finally looked at everything we have been given and washed the clothes up, wrote a list of what we still need and what we need to do prior to bubs birth. I guess my notion of leaving it until mat leave wouldn't work so well if I go early Unexpectedly like you did.

Does anyone else have a workplace where if they finished unexpectedly it could be a problem? I'm freaking out now as I have so much paperwork to do in the next 11 weeks for someone to be able to take over. Plus the rest of my job. Eeek.

Hope everyone is well x

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStar View Post
    Little Max decided he didn't want to wait! Weighing 1.75kg & 42cm, 32
    weeks.

They tried to stop my labour, my body had other ideas. Through an ultrasound they decided that he needed to come out, my placenta didn't look like it was functioning 100%, plus I'd started dilating.

They said a high chance of c-section but they'd try normal delivery first. Well I went from 1cm to 10cm dilated in 4 hours! They took me to theatre to deliver because of high risk plus he might not like coming out so then they'd do a c-section.

He's in special care, I've hardly seen him They're helping him breathe a little plus giving him antibiotics thru a catheter. Main risk is lung infection.

I had 3 little stitches and feeling ok. Tired! I am in shock I guess. So out of the blue. My pregnancy with Dd was totally by the book, in fact went into labour on her due date.

I have nothing organised either! Except a couple of breastfeeding essentials and clothes (which don't fit him!). I had 8 more weeks where i was going to organise everything! Oh well, it was all out of my control.

I'm glad I didn't need a c-section as now ill be to and fro the hospital every day (he'll prob be in for 3 weeks) and will need to be mobile ASAP!

Thanks for all your kind words x I'll keep you all in the loop. Goes to
    show you never know!
    Congratulations! Such wonderful news. Take care and hope you both stay well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies.ive been a little MIA lately. Great to see we have a bub born already and everyone is progressing well.
    I'm 10 weeks and looking forward to my 12 week scan. 8 week went well but bub doesn't look like a bub there.
    Big day for me today.....I bought my first maternity bras! They are hot milk and so comfy, plus still have a bit of room in them for my every increasing boobs (which I'm not complaining about).
    I'm looking forward to telling everyone that I'm utd. We have told our close friends and family. But I'm starting to show (already) so I think work ppl might be guessing.

Just wondering what must have item for bubs arrival you think is absolutely necessary. Writing my list of all the things I need to buy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    No one has heard from J? I'm a bit more anxious for her now, hope she's ok
    I've sent her a PM this morning to check if she is ok but no reply as yet 😞

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Congratulations MyLittleStar!

My nephew is a Max, and he was also born at 32 weeks!!! He's 18 months now and completely healthy

Very worried about J also, have also PMd her

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone! How funny rainbow that your nephew is max also born at 32 weeks!

Max is stable and doing well, still in intensive care. No changes really, which I think is a good thing. Makes me cry seeing those tubes around him tho. Must be so uncomfortable. I'm sorry he couldn't stay in longer the poor little thing.

Just started expressing to start giving him milk, well colostrum at this stage. I really hope breastfeeding works out for us. Esp because he's premmie and I think he'll really need it.

Physically I'm feeling pretty good, apart from the stitches (ouch). And sore muscles from pushing, esp the back of my neck. Anyway, all normal stuff!

Yes girls, good to get organized early. I'm sure you'll all go to term, but my story goes to show you just never know!

Hope all of you are travelling well with your babies. Who is next, Eko? Then who?
    I've been thinking about J too, it doesn't seem like her at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all,

Mylittlestar glad Max is doing okay. No changes is great. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. At
    My yoga class the other night they were talking abouT babies and labour and said sometimes bubs just know they have to come early to make it and it sounds like Max is one of those amazing bubs who knew It was time, hes pretty clever already. Sending good vibes your way. Hows your DP holding Up? My cousins bub was prem 8 weeks And she breasted until she was 11 months. The hospital and ABA helped her heaps but she said it was worth it.

Miss fairy that's exciting and gone quick. Are you having a 12 week scan?

Afm just about to get up and make cake - great start to the day!

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rainbow How lovely is your ring in your avatar!! Looking forward to seeing you in here soon.

Mylittlestar - so relieved to know your little Max is doing well. Have you had a cuddle yet?

Sage your making me want cake. what type are you baking?

MissFaery - below are a few items I couldn't live without for my DD when she was newborn:

Bouncer
    bassinette/cot (the bassinette we didn't buy, we borrowed which was good as she gre out of it within 3 months)
    Pram
    carseat
    change table (18 months later I still use mine all the time)
    Clothes (a few 0000 for the first month then some 000 for as they grow)
    Plenty of sheets and mattress protectors
    Terry cloth nappies (to use as chuck cloths at feeds etc)
    muslin wraps for swaddling
    nappy bag

Um sure there is plenty more but they were the main ones I could think of right now.

AFM - our home is currently for sale and we got a few offers so looks like we will sell it this week. then time to find a new home, getting stressed I will be homeless when this baby is born. Can't believe I am 20 weeks already.