So... Very... Tired...
I'm actually grateful that my work has a policy that you have to go on maternity leave 6 weeks before your due date as my due date is now 2 weeks earlier due to the caesarean.
I could NOT cope with working up until 36 weeks at this rate. I think getting through to the end of 33 weeks is going to just about do me in if I'm honest.
I bought some more things for my bag this afternoon, just toiletries mostly but now I pretty much have everything that I need. I just have to pack clothing and perhaps get a new pair of slippers and dressing gown for hospital and I'm good to go.
Sounds a bit enthusiastic but with DS there were so many things that I wish I had packed in advance that I just plain didn't. I had a tiny backpack for my stuff and a small nappy bag for his stuff. This time they're going to think I'm moving in for good! Rofl!
J, glad to hear your out of hospital, hope they can get to the bottom of it soon for you
Eko, I can't believe how close you are to having bubs
Nila, don't stress about your weight gain, so long as you are eating etc I'm sure your bubbas will be fine (I'm guessing 2 girls btw)
AFM, looks like ms is gearing up been feeling off the last few days but came close to being sick in the car this afternoon. Can't wait for dating scan on wed
Hi ladies, just got back from holidays. I've been reading along as always!
It's exciting to hear about the baby boys and girls. I packed some of my baby's drawers this week, organised into sizes etc. Just getting my head around boys clothes, I've found myself to be very picky! Girls colours seem more bright and beautiful, maybe because I am a girl?!
Glad all the babies have been well. Special mention to J, wow how scary for you! So happy you're back at home & hope all your test results are fine.
31 weeks and feeling, well, 31 weeks! The baby is happy giving me karate kicks and chops all day. He was head down but then on the plane coming home (think he got a
fright taking off) he did a big turn, now can't figure out what way he is!
I'm taking iron and calcium tablets. My iron levels were borderline & I think it's helped, although still get tired haha!
Eko, could you send us your hospital
bag list (if not too personal!). I've really forgotten what I need!
- Good night time sanitary pads (rather than maternity pads, they're just as absorbent, less bulky, and generally not as pricey as maternity specific)
- Pack of cheap sanitary pads for wound padding (caesarean after all lol)
- Shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, deodorant travel pack (got mine from Coles)
- Shower loofah/exfoliating gloves because I really HATE that post op stink!
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, floss & mouthwash travel pack (as above)
- Cheap 10 pack of underwear in a larger size than normal (wound protection and more space for pads etc)
- Socks, thongs & slippers/ballet flats
- Button up pyjamas for BFing
- Hair brush, hair ties and travel straightener.
- Feeding bras
- Dressing gown
- Lip balm & minimal makeup (Photos lol)
- Lanisoh, nipple shields and breast pads for leakage
- Makeup cleansing wipes and nappy sacks for post op clean up
- General daily clothing
- Manual breast pump (I'll buy an electric later if I need it, it's mostly to establish a good supply early)
- Laptop & charger
- Phone & charger
- A decent sized drink bottle for water
- And a bag of nibbles like museli bars, chocolate, fruit & nut mix etc. because there's nothing worse in the world than being awake at 4am and having nothing to nibble on when you're starving!
There will probably be more added to the list later but I've kept things like perfume etc. to a minimum. They do make you feel better but bub will be happiest with the smell of mum and mum alone for a bit and they're so sensitive that it's better to not overload little noses.
- 5x 0000 wondersuits (bub will be born at 38 weeks so predicting smaller than DS who was still in 0000 at 42 weeks)
- 5x 0000 lighter cotton onesies (hospitals are warm)
- 2x pairs of mittens
- 5x pairs of socks
- 3x muslin wraps & 2x flannel wraps
- 2x beanies
- 5x singlets
- 1 pack of disposable nappies
- 1 pack of nappy sacks
- Teddy bear
I've got a second bag of 000 clothes for bub in the nursery in case we need them, DH can bring it in. But it's not very likely.
Wow, that seems like a huge list! Hopefully I won't forget anything haha.
Thanks for the list. Very helpful. So much stuff to think about.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!