+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation

Hi ladies

This is my first post.. so be gentle.

Just wanting some guidance/experiences on implanation bleeding.

and apologies in advance for TMI.

I started a brown discharge about 5 DPO which has continued for 5 days. I would say it is approximately 1/8th the quantity of my normal flow but i couldn't say it is 'spotting'. At times it has had a pinkish tone to it and a couple of times (while using the bathroom) I noticed a brighter red colour but that passed quickly. I understand that AF doesn't hit until approximately 14 days post ovulation so this is particularly early. I also understand that implantation bleeding is different for everyone. Just wanting some feedback/guidance on this.

At this stage I think i'm safer to assume it's AF to avoid disappointment

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation

I had no implantation bleeding, however thought I would mention the following:

1. I ovulated on day 19 of a 29 day cycle so it isn't necessarily 14 days post ovulation AF arrives.

2. About 5 days post ovulation I felt cramping and a general pressure that made me keep wanting to pee like every hour. 7 days later I saw a very faint line on a test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1310 View Post
    Hi ladies

This is my first post.. so be gentle.

Just wanting some guidance/experiences on implanation bleeding.

and apologies in advance for TMI.

I started a brown discharge about 5 DPO which has continued for 5 days. I would say it is approximately 1/8th the quantity of my normal flow but i couldn't say it is 'spotting'. At times it has had a pinkish tone to it and a couple of times (while using the bathroom) I noticed a brighter red colour but that passed quickly. I understand that AF doesn't hit until approximately 14 days post ovulation so this is particularly early. I also understand that implantation bleeding is different for everyone. Just wanting some feedback/guidance on this.

At this stage I think i'm safer to assume it's AF to avoid disappointment
    how has the rest of your cycle been? It could quite possibly be implantation.

If you are a bit run down or had funny cycle it could also be a mild af. I know when I have been run down really badly I have had an almost af, followed up by a normal one.

But from what I hear implantation does sound a bit like what you had.

If you are strong go with anticipation of AF.... if you are like me you hope the other way

GOOD LUCK

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation

Hi kt.
    Unfortunately I get this every single cycle. Usually from 7dpo but it can vary.
    I really hope for you it's implantation. I know what it's like to get your hopes up with the first spot only to be disappointed as it continues.
    Wishing you lots of luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds more like a light AF to me. What are you using to track ovulation? Not everyone has a 14 day LP but if you are absolutely sure of your ovulation day then you may have a luteal phase deficiency. It all depends

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation

I also have had break through bleeding mid cycle so it could be that.
    Last edited by tiny2011; 10-12-2012 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kt - welcome to BH.

I would be leaning towards it not be implantation unfortunately. My understanding of implantation is that it's the blood that makes it's way through because the fertilised eggie has burrowed it's way into the lining (or something like that!) - so it's something that may be seen generally in the 24 hours or something since that happened. For it to be 5 days - doesn't sound right.

BUT - what you are describing sounds exactly like what my cycles sounded like. Around CD20ish each month I would start getting a dark brown discharge that sometimes came through pink/red. It would last anywhere from 3-15 days before true AF came to visit.
    My FS explained the colour and timing of it was basically one of the indications that I wasn't ovulating properly, the lining was merely just shedding itself whenever it felt ready to. (I have PCOS).

Hope it all works itself out for you and there's always the chance that we're all wrong and you're making a bubba in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone

My AF has been as regular as i can remember other than missing a period around the time of the wedding. As I thought I may have been pregnant then i had a blood test which came back indicating I was about to ovulate. As scheduled, AF came about 11 or so days later. We then started TTC and i thought I had ovulated around day 14 so went to the dr for a blood test a week later to check i had ovulated. The results came back indicating I was about to ovulate, so my husband then got lucky for another 3 days . I then started bleeding 5 days later.

My period has always been regular with a good flow, never so much brown.

Was beginning to become bothered by it (and couldn't wait until the gyno appointment on Monday) to saw my GP who said it could be a period or it could be pregnancy. He said it is very unusual to have AF 5/6 days out from ovulation though. DR confirmed AF usually comes around 14 days post ovulation given or take a few days. So he sent me off for a blood test (of which i should have the results tomorrow) and a Scan of my ovaries to see what's going on.

Not sure if any of this will give me answers as it could just be AF. Although i would like to make sure i'm ovulating!

I'll let you know if i get any positive news!

Good luck to everyone else. It's an exciting time!!!

Has anyone conceived yet?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation

I've read lots of threads on women who have had luteal phase spotting and lots of them end up falling pregnant.
    My Ob/Gyn doesn't seem to think it will affect our chances.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KT - I didn't have any implantation bleeding, but 5dpo sounds early for it. That being said, if it is unusual for your cycle, it could well be! It's good that your GP is going to run some tests for you.

Good luck!!