+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 16 week elective 3D/gender scan

I'm having a 16 week scan on Wednesday. It is just for fun and to hopefully find out the sex. My partner will be away for work at my 20 week scan so we are paying $90 to get a glimpse of our baby while we are together,

I've seen lots of positive reviews on gender scans online and I understand they Arent 100% accurate but many people have successful scans at this early stage of pregnancy and my partner ad I are fine to take the risk
    I've also looked online at 3D pictures and although not very clear I could still see little faces etc. So we do understand the disadvantages of having a scan so early

But now the ultrasound lady has put doubt in my mind. Talking to me like I'm a little girl and not knowing what I'm doing. I've spoken to her twice on the phone and she has very bossily told me I'm very early it's not guaranteed te images might not be clear etc etc

Anyone had a positive or negative scan at this stage?
    Keeping in mind my partner and I just want to see the baby while we are together

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Whereru going? Try precious previews at logan holme

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had a 3d scan at 15weeks with my son and they were correct with the gender and again at 17weeks with my daughter. Correct gender again. Ignore her and enjoy seeing your baby together

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenlicken79 For This Useful Post:

Miah  (10-12-2012)

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yup i second precious previews at loganholme, they are great! I had a couple done their with my daughter. I did the 16wk gender one, and got very clear shots of 3 lines.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyCrazy For This Useful Post:

Miah  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

She's probably used to people being disappointed after paying the money and not getting a good look.
    But that can still happen at 20 weeks (the suggested time to get that scan) DD was right up against the placenta so we only got a couple of half face shots. Not like the amazing ones you see. Still great though
    And now she's born (18 months) you can see how she looks the same, it's pretty cool.
    So if you want to do it, go ahead! You could always do it again if you really didn't get a good look.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Miah  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to precious previews in strathpine which is closest to me, I was actually recommended there off two people on bub hub who had successful 16 week gender scans there, so I was shocked to hear the negativity in this woman's voice on the phone.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yup thats their 2nd branch. Dont worry about one woman's opinions. Just go relax and enjoy seeing your bubba x