+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SAHWM (Stay At Home Wannabe Mum)

Thanks ladies, being at home makes me think more about everything we have gone through and our little babies.

Staying at home while cycling isn't so bad cause it feels like you're doing something, for me it's traveling into town to Genea. But now and when a cycle fails I find it very hard. Loved my job and studied hard so it's pretty sad the way things have turned out but nothing is more important to us right now then to have a little bubs. Just need to remind myself of that sometimes.

Sariele we might be cycling again together, good luck x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Rachael, I just read your signature and am so sorry for your loss, there are no words...

Before starting IVF, I had been doing a 3-day week at work. After I did some post-grad study, I was able to cut back from full time to what I currently do without having the finances suffer too much, which I'm grateful for.

Little did I know that I would actually need the midweek days off for various TTC things like bloodwork, scans, accupuncture etc, and honestly, I don't know how I'd manage if I was still working full time. I'm currently on my first stim cycle and it has really helped to have those extra days to deal with the physical and emotional issues associated with IVF.

Good on you for starting this thread, it's interesting hearing about all of your situations and experiences.

p.s. I'm also with Genea 😊
    Last edited by Beatrix; 11-12-2012 at 16:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW, I'm stealing this thread title for my sig, cause I like it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good to see others in a similar situation. Somedays it gets me down thinking what I'm giving up when others have babies so easy or why I can't cycle while working. I just hope this is all worth it and we have a bubs to take home, right now I'm not feeling very positive.

There's only limited things to watch on TV and can't be bothered to exercise at the moment. I have started acupuncture again and counciling which covers two days. If I find part time work might take it up, but I need time off after EPU and would like to lounge it during the 2ww. Life's tough!

Sariele steal away, hopefully we can get rid of that 'W' soon!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 12-12-2012 at 09:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, unless you have hobbies to really get stuck into there's only so much you can do with your time during the day. Yesterday I'd finished my chores by 10:30am, and after that alternated between flicking through my forums and playing World of Warcraft. Today I'd finished my chores AND gone for a small walk/jog by 9am, and now I'm playing WoW and forum-ing again! I'm feeling really tired and lethargic today, so I might consider a nap later, but I probably won't do it because I'm not one to sleep during the day.

The annoying thing is I do have so many things I could be doing. I've had books stacking up on my "to read" pile for ten years now, and I started learning how to use my sewing machine one afternoon a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't touched it since. I could be scrapbooking our honeymoon memorabilia or editing together a video of all my dancing concert items from when I was a kid too. Or learning more about cooking/baking, which DH would love. But you know what? I just CAN'T BE BOTHERED! It's rather pathetic, isn't it? I told myself that when I quit my job I'd be all motivated and get right into doing all the things I always dreamed of getting done when I was stuck at work, and now that I have all the time in the world, my motivation is zero. *sigh*

One of the problems is I'm lazy, and another is I that like forums and WoW too much. But yet another issue I have is that what I really want to be doing with my time right now is reading up on pregnancy stuff, researching prams and car seats, coming up with baby name lists to suggest to DH, going to scans and ob appts, thinking about a nursery theme, etc. etc. And obviously I can't effing do any of that stuff right now. Well technically I could do all but one, but it would be way too depressing and not good for my mental health, to say the least. So instead I will sit here and pretend that my little toon blood-elf running around in a fictional computer-generated world is real enough to deserve my attention...

Sorry for the vent, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly what you mean. Before I left work I thought about all the wonderful things I would do now. Soon after I left I was more active, exercising, reading and enjoying the outdoors. After EPU I stop most of the outdoor activities which throws me out of a routine.

There is so much I could do, even thought of taking up cooking classes or language lessons. I think about it but it doesn't go any further. You're exactly right I wish I was still pregnant or even better have a bub to look after at home. We were close to the point of buying all the baby goodies so unfortunately I still long for that to happen. Every time I think of a great idea to do something, I just bum out knowing that's not what I actually want to do. Thought I was the only person in this situation. Especially now after losing our bubs my motivation is less than zero.

After I read your post I went for a walk around the block so hey you motivated me to do something today. Maybe I should get me a little toon blood-elf...if it keeps you occupied continue playing!

I called my FS to make an appointment in the new year after we try a couple of times naturally.... here we go again!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 12-12-2012 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm glad I was able to motivate you! I walk for about an hour or so every afternoon (I walk in to meet DH at work then we walk home together) so at least when I was sitting on the computer all day I knew I had that coming, so I didn't have to feel too guilty, lol.

Maybe as fellow SAHWMs we can try and motivate each other to do something productive each day, from small things like making a cake or exercising to big things like starting a project or course? If I'm being held accountable, maybe I'll actually get around to doing stuff.

It must be so hard for you, re: all the pg-related things we wish we could be doing. Here's to 2013 hey, may it suck a lot less than this year. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea Sariele, it always helps to share the burden and to know that there are others in similar situations. Sometimes there's just no pleasing me, in that I wish there was more to occupy my time on my days off but don't really want that to be more of my job. The thing is that I know what I want to take up my time and its a little family. Maybe I'm a Semi-SAHWM

I did a couple of sewing courses awhile back and loved it, maybe it's time to dust off my machines and get creative again. I second the 2013 luck thing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beatrix For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like a plan Sariele. Today have acupuncture but will go for a walk this afternoon. I have put on a lot of weight since our loss, need to be more careful.

Went into Toys R Us to buy a present and next to it is Baby's R Us. So hard to see when you want to be part of that world so much.

Beatrix you can join us when you can.
    Any plans for today ladies?

2013 has to be a better year.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 13-12-2012 at 19:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This morning I went for a 5.5km walk (with 1.7km of that jogging), and I'm about to hang out the washing, clean the kitchen and take the rubbish downstairs to the skip. Haven't logged onto WoW yet today; I'll try and hold off til this afternoon, lol. I might go to the post office after I've done my chores to post my Christmas cards and my Granny's gift.

Was thinking about starting my dancing video project today... maybe. We'll see how motivated I am later. Lol.