+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SAHWM (Stay At Home Wannabe Mum)

Is anyone else not working ATM to try for a baby? You might have left work to go through IVF?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 10-12-2012 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel I remember you from my last 2ww. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm currently on another 2ww but will do an aggressive cycle n jan if this doesn't work. As there is so many drugs and injections, I don't know how I'll manage with doing that type of cycle and work. So far I've kept a full time job this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael,

I am not exactly like you, but similar in a way. I have just finished my degree, but I won't be pursuing full time work in the new year. It just seems like to much to add in full time work right now, when I am about to start IVF in January. I am working, but probably won't do more than 15-20hrs per week.
    My husband is keen on me doing this too, he doesn't want me to get too overwhelmed. And having more money isn't really a priority for us. As long as we can get by, than both of us are happy. I am sure this wouldnt suit everyone, as they would feel a little stir-crazy. But for now, it is definitely right for me. Trying to handle infertility is quite enough.
    But I am definitely trying to work out things to keep myself busy. Have just got a couple of new books. And I am planning on learning how to quilt next year.
    Cannot wait to be a stay at home mum.

Thanks
    Reviews

Kenta, good luck with this cycle hopefully this is it for you. Can't believe I will be cycling again after being given two beautiful boys. We will try IVF Feb again. We changed clinics so it made it hard to work and travel to the city. Does get boring but there's nothing more we want them a bubs.

Beanie it's great that you have age on your side. At your age I was no where near settling down. You can always go back to study/work once you have your bubs. My DH is the same, there's nothing more we want right now then to have a baby.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 10-12-2012 at 13:52.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachael - just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss(es). I was so shocked to see your signature.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Rachael - just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss(es). I was so shocked to see your signature.
    Thanks peonies, I know it's devastating...so hard to go through after you have had a long Infertility and IVF journey. Hope it works out for you soon, we might be cycling together again someday xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Rachael3 - sorry for the hard road you have been travelling. I went part time at work after about 3 months of IVF and full time work. I just wasn't coping with the protocols and my admittedly long hours and high stress job! I stayed part time for the entire time it took us to get our BFP, around 2.5 years. Will stay that way now once I finish maternity leave.

Best of luck - keep trying and don't lose hope
    xx
    Thanks btmac... my job was high stress also there was no way they would give me part-time work otherwise I would have taken it. Congrats on your bub, it must feel amazing

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Rachael, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you have gone through.

I don't work full time anymore due to IVF. Though I have taken on limited contract work every now and again as I was going stir crazy after long breaks. I think it has definitely helped me to loose the stress that I was carrying from a very full on job. I feel more centered and happy. The negative side that I have found is that allows you to obsess a bit more when going through a cycle as you aren't distracted by other things. I still wouldn't swap it though!!! I wish you all the best!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachael, I believe we've cycled together in the past. I too am very very sorry for your devestating loss.

I am a SAHWM too; I quit my job at the end of March two weeks before our April wedding, then started my first stim two days after getting back from honeymoon in May. Moved from Perth to Brisbane and have done two more stims since then, and will be starting stim #4 in late January. *sigh*

I thought I would get really bored and would have to find hobbies to keep me occupied, but the days go by so quickly and most of the time I find that I am able to entertain myself by doing very little! It's a bit scary how little I achieve some days actually, lol. DH doesn't mind as long as I'm happy, the house is clean, I feed him dinner, etc. So far I have not once regretted the fact I don't work any more. At this stage (and I'll admit it may change), I'd be happy to never work again. But I have never had a professional career, and every job I've ever had invariably eventually makes me miserable til I'm borderline depressed. So as long as we can afford to do this, I will.