+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Does she need that 2nd sleep? DD's sleep routine (self taught) is 5:30/6am awake, 10:30-12 nap, 6pm bed. Sometimes she will nap late but I always get her up at 1:30pm if I don't she is awake until 8pm+

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Does she need that 2nd sleep? DD's sleep routine (self taught) is 5:30/6am awake, 10:30-12 nap, 6pm bed. Sometimes she will nap late but I always get her up at 1:30pm if I don't she is awake until 8pm+
    yeah, she did yesterday. Woke at 6am, napped in pram/car 9.45-10.30am. She would never have lasted until bedtime (even an early bedtime).

She woke today at 6am again. She's eating her lunch now (11.50am) and watching Mickey Mouse. I'll see how she is at 12.00pm, 12.15pm etc and when she starts getting really cranky I'll put her down.....hoping for 12.30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you get some good sleep tonight. My DS decided we should join you in the 3hr awake time brigade. Not much fun at all!

Then he decided it would be awesome to only have a 40min sleep today. And that's it.

I disagree with him 😛

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Awake for 3 hours overnight

How'd the Day nap and night sleep go?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How'd the Day nap and night sleep go?
    Awww.....thanks for asking!

Day nap was great. 12.30pm-2.30pm, but she was a little cranky when she woke up.

Bedtime at 7pm and she went down beautifully without making a peep. Then at 7.30pm her sister got home from a playdate & as soon as Sam heard her she was calling out, crying etc. got Soph into bed and it took until 8.20pm for Sam to go to sleep

So she has slept through the last 3 nights - but only going to sleep around 8pm. Waking around 6-6.20am.

Thanks
    Reviews

Another thread made me look this one up and I thought I'd give an update for any future readers.

I continued to keep dd2 awake until 12-12.30pm for her day naps and she started doing so much better! For the two weeks before Christmas we were getting more regular sleep throughs etc......then Christmas hit with the arrival of 2 sets of grandparents and it all fell to pieces.

Once the last Nanny left in mid January and we got back to normal routine things are improving again. Her day nap is starting between 12.30-1.00pm and she's generally sleeping 2hours. She is sleeping through more consistently and when she does wake we only need to go in for 10-15mins.

So, slowly, slowly getting there.

I'm also sticking with leaving her to self settle at nap and nighttime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just found this thread in my searching as we are having the same problem! DD (12 months) keeps waking anywhere randomly between 11 and 2 and will take like two hours to get back to sleep. She won't go back to sleep on her own and the only way to get her back to sleep is to rock her. Last night she just wanted to play it seemed. If we leave her in bed she just plays and eventually cries. She self settles during the day for her two naps and at night easily. From reading this thread I'm thinking we need to go to one nap maybe??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessarily drop to one sleep (my bub was a bit older), but definitely look at what times she is going down - might be time to push her first sleep back a bit (try 15-20mins) and see if it helps.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks babycart. How is your bub sleeping now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still not a 100%, but considering we've had 2 interstate trips since the last update, she's been pretty good (with the odd bad night). I have actually had a couple of weeks of sleeping through, but she has a cold now, so has been waking the past few nights.