+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Is bub too hot/cold? A thermostat controlled heating/cooling system may help.

Could bub be hungry? Adding more meat to the diet may help.

My guess would be inconsistent day naps are leading to night wakenings. What time does bub/go to bed/ get up in the morning? When she has 2 naps at daycare what time are the naps?

It might be helpful to keep a sleep diary. Write day naps, night sleeps, food bub eats etc. you might be able to narrow down a common factor for the times bub has night wakenings. Good luck...
    A diary might be a good idea.

She has a thermometer in her room and hot/cold has rarely seemed to make a difference - i.e. i change her sleeping bag and it still takes 3 hours.

Quantity of food shouldn't be a problem - she eats more (and more varied) than my 3 1/2 year old. she has plenty of meat at dinner and often a yoghurt also. I will offer her milk if she is still unsettled after I've picked her up and won't calm down in arms. it's hit and miss whether she will drink it. If I offer it while she is content (like last night) she just ignores it and isn't interested - so logic tells me it isn't hunger.

She has a great night routine - dinner at 5pm, bath at 6pm, milk, play, story bed and generally self settles to sleep. last couple of months she has an average wake up of 5.40am - 6.20am.

Her day naps have been changing as she drops to one day sleep - but this issue of waking has been going on far longer than me shuffling her day sleeps.

I know Tizzie says baby at her age should be going down between 12.00-12.45pm but she is only just stretching to 11.30am.....maybe i need to push her back further??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Awake for 3 hours overnight

If the desired wake up time for bub is 7am, I would make the day nap 12:45-1pm. If you can, start after a night of no wakings, so your daughter wont be too tired. If your child is waking every night then just start whenever: first day may be hard staying up but after that it should improve.

Don't let your child sleep for more than 2 hr 15. No second nap.

Just a few ideas in the end go with your gut!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's never slept to 7am though when she wakes at 5.40am she is struggling to get to 11.30am!

BUT - she has been starting to fight the self settle to go to bed in the evenings which is another Tizzie tip to push naps later, so I might try her to midday tomorrow and 12.30pm next week etc

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok! She slept right through to 6am today (didn't make a peep all night), so I'll aim for a 12.30pm nap!!

Fx!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things haven't quite gone to plan - she fell asleep in the pram at 9.45am

put her down for a second sleep at 2.30pm.

We'll see how tonight goes and there is always tomorrow, right??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

That's nearly 4 hours of awake time, not bad... Prams are sleep inducers, could bub have stayed awake longer if not in a pram?

Stretching bub out a bit each day you'll be on track in no time..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

That's nearly 4 hours of awake time, not bad... Prams are sleep inducers, could bub have stayed awake longer if not in a pram?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Vp is dead on about prams being sleep inducers. Both my two will pass out in there in a blink of an eye unless I actively engage with them all of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, she has been managing to stay awake til 11.30am the past few weeks - often with a 30min pram ride in the morning as we do our daily grocery/coffee trip. It was a little unusual (although not unheard of) for her to fall asleep so early.

Struggled big time tonight to get her to go down! 8.45pm!!!!! Stupid bloody afternoon sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I know it's horrible but try not to stress. Tomorrow is another day. My DS fell asleep really early today too and then again on the way back from the park this afternoon and has been quite unsettled this evening. It's not fun but you're not alone.