+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its all very exciting! Not long now I reckon!

Have your waters broken at all? I found that when my waters broke then the contractions became really stronger and closer together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Minchi, Stay positive . Keep thinking that each contraction is one step further towards dilation. Even if they are mild or irregular, they can still be effective. Use visualisation to imagine those contractions pulling the uterus upwards to open the cervix below. Don't feel any pressure to hurry this along - your baby is setting the pace, just trust your body and your baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies, no waters broken as yet. lol. funny enough with my first two pregnancies, they were the first to go! and they were both early at 36 & 37 weeks.. and here I am 40 + 1 and no waters broken yet. dh filled up the spa (obviously no jets on) and it was great sitting in there, I still found it unbearable. I think the shower works better.

I hope to god these contractions don't just stop completely. I will seriously cry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Am I in labour or not?

I found going for a walk got mine going. Probably a bit late at night for that now but if it's still the same by morning maybe a stroll around the block or a local park will help. I went from 5-7min apart to 2-3min apart after going for a walk (and having contractions in the park during the afternoon school run meant I got quite a few concerned looks lol!).

Rest up tonight. If you can't sleep at least try to doze or rest on the couch.

I hope bub arrives soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Minchi!

How is it all going??? Has bubs arrived yet????

Gosh it all so exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Am I in labour or not?

I hope things have progressed. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, noooo, I don't think I have progressed!!! I had the contractions go for 30 hours then suddenly they stopped completely then started again randomly, no pattern at all. they are still extremely painful tho.. today my backache is even worse. spent all morning crying, i can't help it, im so over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Sit in water and try and rest the best you can, If you can eat do that too. I know this sounds silly but the more relaxed you can get the easier your cervix can dilate. Can someone give you a massage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you are going through, I had the same thing for 48 hours before going into active labour it sucked I don't consider myself a wuss and it hurt so bad it was awful.

On a positive note I found labour relatively easy ( and kind of enjoyable) compared to pre-labour. And you a definitely not far from the real thing starting.

My best advice is try to rest and keep eating and drinking, of course that's easier said than done. I didn't and I think labour would have been better is I had been more rested.

My waters did not break and were artificially ruptured just before my LO was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta ladies, i find the shower helps a bit with the sore back! and the contractions are back!! ouch.