+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks ladies definately can't talk thru them, it's hard to breathe or even move. I break out into a sweat as well (gross. lol.) some of them are 5 mins apart, went in the bath for a long while but they were a bit more spaced out but still there and still the same level of intensity. As it's a Vbac after 2 ceaserians (the ob fully supports this) I would have thought the hospital would want me to come in so they can have a look at me but apparently not. The lady at the birthing suite said ''no, sounds like you're in false labour, stay home''.. right.

Aargh, hate going public!! First two I went private and this one was an unplanned pregnancy so i had already taken the obstetrics off our PHI and was buggered up in that way... so have had to go public. I do remember with my ds (2nd child) they got me to come in asap so they can monitor my previous ceaser scar. This time however, nope, nothing like the sort. Makes u feel like a number. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Am I in labour or not?

I stayed home as long as i could. this probably won't help but I had labour that intense simmering down to uncomfortable every 20 minutes, picking up to intense... for 2.5 days :-/ I was having a vba1c so stayed home though I'd been told to go in as soon as I was in labour.so so glad I stayed home!

Though I wasn't feeling like baby was in a hurry so we left when they were 2-3 minutes apart. (Hospital 2klms away) and still didn't have her for 7 more hours. I Could have stayed home longer. but I was starting to want to "settle in" somewhere. Like I just intensely wanted to be wherever I was going to birth so I could just *be* and stop thinking do I don't I etc.

Good luck! Listen to your body

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! I tried for a VBAC2 with DD and I made the mistake of going into hospital ( I went public - first two were private). They werent concerned about the previous csections but were more concerned as I was GBS positive (so wish I didnt do that test).

I ended up having another c/s as when I was in hospy I was hooked up to a monitor and had to have a catheter (sp?) in my hand as I was really stuck where I was. I could only move as far as my cords allowed.

I totally believed if I was able to labour at home I would have been successful as I would have moved around more.

If you do feel uncomfortable you can go to hospy to get checked out....but I reckon if you do they will keep you in. Stay home as long as you can but if you really feel the need to go to hospy then do it.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    Good luck! I tried for a VBAC2 with DD and I made the mistake of going into hospital ( I went public - first two were private). They werent concerned about the previous csections but were more concerned as I was GBS positive (so wish I didnt do that test).

I ended up having another c/s as when I was in hospy I was hooked up to a monitor and had to have a catheter (sp?) in my hand as I was really stuck where I was. I could only move as far as my cords allowed.

I totally believed if I was able to labour at home I would have been successful as I would have moved around more.

If you do feel uncomfortable you can go to hospy to get checked out....but I reckon if you do they will keep you in. Stay home as long as you can but if you really feel the need to go to hospy then do it.

Good luck!
    sounds a bit like my second C-section! thanks everyone, will hump it out!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I in labour or not?

Definitely sounds like labour starting. Agree with what pp have said stay home if you can. I found the shower great for the intense contractions in my back. With dd my contractions were how you described and I was in labour. Good luck with getting your vba2c

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How are you going Minchi? Has it picked up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had a VBAC 9 days ago and my contractions were still irregular (anywhere bw 3.5 and 8 mins apart) when I went to hospital, turns out I was already 6 cms dilated. The midwives couldn't believe it. I only went to hosp as I bled a little and was concerned. Doc broke my waters and DS was born 4 ish hrs later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    unrelated but why are nursers so surprised when your so many cms dilated with irregular contractions..... they are always saying that each pregnancy is different yet tend to expect Labour to be the same for everyone?

back to topic now..... hope all is going well Minchi and that you'll have your bubs soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    How are you going Minchi? Has it picked up?
    Hi! still the same as before... they haven't gotten any closer together, but still definately strong and regular. Wish I had a gas machine here at home. lol.

The midwife said do not come until i'm 2 mins apart.. but i have been 2 mins apart before and I wasn't dilating quickly enough..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Use water as your friend and rest as much as you can
    This!

Hoping its very soon for you. Make sure you eat as well, even if you don't feel like it. You need the energy!