+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So stupid and now so worried.

Hi, I'm six months pregnant with my second baby and we had a BBQ for dinner today. We had prawns, and I was halfway through my second prawn skewer when my partner said the prawns weren't properly cooked through. I even thought they had a weird texture while I was eating them but I kept eating coz I was so hungry... I'm so stupid. My midwife said it was ok to eat prawns and fish so long as it was cooked thoroughly. I ate about eight prawns and I think about five weren't cooked thoroughly. Then tonight I have been looking up listeria and all the horrible stuff that can happen and I have completely freaked myself out. I feel ok so far, not sick or anything. Does anyone have any advice, should I go to the doctor? I am beating myself up, I am usually so so careful, I eat so well, don't touch alcohol, stay away from all the "bad pregnancy foods", I feel so stupid that I've put my unborn baby at risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i accidently ate a fair few "naughty" foods when I was pregnant and everything was fine. Try not to stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou, I was ok until I looked on the internet lol, I think i freaked myself out. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: So stupid and now so worried.

I know it's so hard not to worry, but honestly, it'll be fine! Listeria is so rare in Australia anyway, around 1 in 25,000 pregnant women are affected by listeria poisoning, I really doubt a few undercooked prawns would up your odds

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

LeahsMum16  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

dont stress yourself! listeria is extremly rare. in my state last year 1 person out of 2.7 million was diagnosed and that was a very old lady with kidney failure and her immune system was shutting down. im sure you will be fine xx

Sent from my GT-I8150T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JessicaBailey For This Useful Post:

LeahsMum16  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to stress. I know a few people who absolutely REFUSED to stop eating soft serve when pg, and many of those soft serve machines are not cleaned well/at all/regularly. None of them got listeria poisoning, and I'm sure you'll be fine, too, especially if you are feeling alright.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a weird curry for lunch today and I think the yoghurt sauce was a bit iffy. Had a massive diarrhoea when I got home so now I think I have it too (eye roll at self). We can be stress-heads together!! I'm annoyed at myself for being so lame, but my burning bum keeps reminding that I might have eaten something bad. Am off to have a shower to cool my bum down...it is taunting me.

Hope this has at least made you smile and know that you're not alone in your neuroses!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

LeahsMum16  (10-12-2012),Ontherun  (15-12-2012),RipperRita  (10-12-2012)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Curry does that to most people anyway though

My best friend ate at least one soft serve a day when she was pregnant with both her kids, ate subway, sushi and deli meats, smoked and her two kids are thriving toddlers with no problems, so I'm sure you'll be fine!

Having said all this now, I could so go a chocolate thick shake from McDonald's (Mmmm soft serve in a cup)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling ok today not sick or anything and my partner reassured me that they were only "a shade undercooked, not completely raw", I kept the poor thing awake half the night asking him "if he was sure" lol. Pregnancy sure is a stressful thing and checking the internet does not help, people are very quick to share horror stories, so a massive thankyou to everyone on here for being kind and reassuring!! And to Jellyfishie, thankyou that did make me smile. I really hope you feel better soon and I hope the shower helped.
    Last edited by LeahsMum16; 10-12-2012 at 09:27.

Thanks
    Reviews

Google can be a god send and equally as much our worst enemy!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub