+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    I adore SD like my own & refer to her as my baby or my FAVOURITE child.

While this works for us in our house its intensely disliked by her mother & DH family. I've finally reached the point where I don't give a crap. I'd rather anyone else other than SD have problems with how I am with her. We are very close & that's all that matters❤
    Good for you, its great she has a step mom that really loves her and doesnt care what other think about it when you are doing what is good for the child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I had heard about that.I totally see why Brandi would have an issue with LeAnne.

It would be hard to co-parent with her,But It was Eddie that broke up his family technically.

I am just curious if people manage to find that seperation between being angry at the women and being appreciative that she loves your children

It's a tough one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    What if they want to??

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    Oh that didn't occur to me... I suppose that is possible if the children's other parent is absent/abusive/bad parent. I was just assuming in the case the children have a loving mum/dad already. There's no way I would have ever called my step-parents mum or dad... I had a mum and dad already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Not a step parent here but there is a history here with Brandi and Leann. Leann and Eddie had an affair and Eddie and Brandis marriage ended, it's obviously still very raw for her that she now also has to co-parent with the woman who broke up her family. Yes I watch too much RHOBH
    *hides in shame*
    lol I followed some of their story on a celebrity blog, and it always seemed like Leann was a massive ***** and did things to deliberately wind up Brandi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Oh that didn't occur to me... I suppose that is possible if the children's other parent is absent/abusive/bad parent. I was just assuming in the case the children have a loving mum/dad already. There's no way I would have ever called my step-parents mum or dad... I had a mum and dad already!
    What if they do have both parents in their lives but still want too? There was just a thread on this actually lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Learn your place?

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:13.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Learn your place?

Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
    Yeah I had heard about that.I totally see why Brandi would have an issue with LeAnne.

It would be hard to co-parent with her,But It was Eddie that broke up his family technically.

I am just curious if people manage to find that seperation between being angry at the women and being appreciative that she loves your children

It's a tough one.
    In my example the ex has NO reason to be mad at me but in no way appreciates my love for her child

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    In my example the ex has NO reason to be mad at me but in no way appreciates my love for her child
    Well some people can be crappy and cant see past their own issues to do what is good for the child. Keep up the love for your SD she will appreciate you for it later in life.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Learn your place?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Absolutely not cool!!

OP it depends. My step-fathers called me and my brother their children, but my step-mother never! She never warmed to us. But I think the difference was that mum had custody of us so we lived with our step-father, for 16 years (current step-father has been with mum for 15 years also).

Bur definitely inappropriate for kids to call a step-parent mum or dad if they already have a mum or dad !
    We let him decide what he is comfortable calling me. At the start of the visit he was calling me by my name, then step mummy and by the end of the visit he was calling me mummy. No one forced him to do that. I love him to bits and I don't think we should dictate to him what he should or must call me. He is only four So it's confusing enough for him as it is without us telling him what to call me. We just went with what he wanted. He understands though who his real mum is and that's all that really matters IMO anyway

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wantsabubba For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it would make me feel weird, and it really depends on what the relationship with the step-children is like.

If she's been in their life all of a year, she needs to back the hell off and stop pretending like they're hers. If she's been caring for them often and for a very long time, then yeah, I think it's more reasonable. That Brandi chick is also probably especially irritible since she was left for this other woman - understandable really. Given Leanne Rimes helped break up her relationship, she really needs to learn to be a bit more tactful and thoughtful before declaring someone else's children her own.

In our family, DP could refer to DD as his if he wanted. I couldn't give a crap what the ex thinks about it. He doesn't do anything for DD, he doesn't see her... DP has been a much better parent to DD than her own father ever was. He's earnt the right to call her "his," if he ever chose to.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (09-12-2012),Kiplusthree  (09-12-2012),Rutabaga  (09-12-2012)