+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS moved into his own room at 9 weeks. This is what worked for our family. Different things work for different families.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Newborn sleeping in the same room as you?!

My bub has slept in his own room since we brought him home from hospital. Our room is next to his so I can hear him if he wakes up. We had a spare bed in his room and I slept in that for the first 2 night's and I kept waking him from my snoring. Went back to my room and we haven't looked back.
    Also I didn't want him in our room because my partner gets up at 4.30am for work and I didn't want bub waking him up during the night as he also works 13 hour days.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newborn sleeping in the same room as you?!

My DD (Dear Daughter) sleeps about 2 meters away from our bed but in her own room She also has a bassinet in our room which she still uses occasionally. It's nice to keep her near, she is a quiet Bub, and I like to be able to get to her before she wakes fully (she kicks her covers off and gets really cold before crying, but with her near I can hear her starting to wake up). I use our monitors to listen out for her when she is napping throughout the day and I'm doing the housework

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I keep bub in our room till 12mths if not in our bed It's a tight fit with the cot in there but I wouldn't dream of it any other way. My 2yo sleeps down the corridor in our new house and I'm forever getting up to check on her.

I sleep best when both girls are in bed with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Newborn sleeping in the same room as you?!

Newborn babies tend to wake every 1-2 hours (maybe 3 if you are super lucky) it's a lot easier to just reach over and grab baby than get up and stumble down the hall.

Though katelyn was a very noisy newborn always snuffling and wiggling and I was there alert and ready. So I ended up sleeping with one ear plug to just muffle noise!

Though when I was pregnant with jasper (first baby) I thought he'd go straight into his cot in his own room straight from hospital but the first night home he was in the bassinet on parents side (because I'd had a csection the idea was he would pass me the baby to feed) and I just sobbed at the feeling of distance between us. I was so relieved when he woke for me and pretty much bed-shared from birth. I had so many guilty feelings like I was doing it "wrong" but after being so sure I'd do things one way I couldn't imagine not having him in arms reach.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 09-12-2012 at 17:24.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

lones  (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Also why spend all that money on sensors etc when they can sleep right next to you? I'm of the opp opinion?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-12-2012)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I plan on having my bub in my room at least for the first month... But I'm just a nervous person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My dd moved into her own room at 8 months. She was in a bassinet next to our bed til 6 months then in a cot on the other side of the room til 8 months. We moved house and she went into her own room with a monitor etc. You need to do what works for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because it's safer (recommended by SIDS) and easier.

Thanks
    Reviews

Our bub is 7 weeks old and had been in his own room from Day 1. For us we decided this as so many people we know had trouble transitioning baby later on.
    In addition we knew bub was a loud sleeper from being in hospital. Our bub snores!!
    The first week or two he wasn't a fan. At 6 weeks he dot through. We have the Angelcare monitor.
    Last week during the heatwave we put him in our room in the portacot and I didn't sleep as I didn't feel as safe as I do with the monitor.
    Personal choice but this was right for us!!