+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ?!?! Any answers ladies?!?!

Hey ladies, just a quick question.
    How did you all feel a day or so before labour? Different in any way at all? e.g. heavy, sore back/legs, nauseaus, tired, grumpy, etc.. Not so much losing your plug and all the common ones.
    I'm 4 days off my due date and have no idea what to expect so any information would be helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nope, I felt completely normal before I went into labour with all the kids. No idea of what was going to happen a few hours later!
    But some people are in pre labour for days. Everyone is different.

Thanks
    Reviews

I honestly didn't feel any different until labour (days of pre labour) in my case started. I did have a bloody show a few days before but that's it. DP and I went for a 5km walk through the hills of Adelaide to start labour. It worked, because I went into labour that night.

I know it's frustrating, and I was googling like crazy this time in 2010 too, but when it starts you will seriously just know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am due today actually and feel extra grumpy/moody. I have suddenly cleaned the whole house and done more than i normally would. lol. I am hoping this is a sign. Also been getting braxton hicks (well i think they are anyway) that are super intense, every now and then. So over all of this. gah!

Thanks
    Reviews

Eta: pre labour for me was regular contractions 6 mins apart by the third day. Problem was I just wasn't getting anywhere - only 3cm- so I was induced. Don't let that scare you. I am such a wuss with pain and I coped. . Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD I pretty much felt the same....I had been getting BH for a few weeks, particularly if I over did it with walking, etc but the night I went into labour the only difference was that before I went to bed I remarked to DP that the BH were feeling sharper...not as dull.

And sure enough got up at 3am for a wee and when I stoof up all this water just fell out! And that was it for me.

I didnt have a show or any plug lose or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I felt different somehow, I was at my husbands acoustic gig in the city and at the end of it I said to him and my friend "I'm going to have a baby tomorrow" and sure enough at 6am the next morning i was in labor and had her that afternoon. I wasn't due till today but she's 8 days old now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ladies. I'm becoming impatient because i'm such a small frame and my belly is enormous! My legs have started to give way when i'm walking, they can't hold the weight anymore. :/
    I have been getting an aching back but put it down to the extra weight also.. Apart from that i'm okay. Very moody lastnight and today had loose stools (sorry for tmi)

Thanks
    Reviews

I hear you madz. I'm a small build also and I found those last few weeks very hard.
    Hopefully labour is not too far away for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewbaby View Post
    I hear you madz. I'm a small build also and I found those last few weeks very hard.
    Hopefully labour is not too far away for you.
    Thanks Lewbaby. Its horrible. I'm actually not feeling to bad today, today is my due date!