+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Breast reduction

I am very excited to say i am getting a breast reduction on the 31st of dec.

I would just like to hear some recovery stories from others who have had.it done in the last couple of years.

How long till you were able to do things. Could you breast feed after. What happened to them when you got pregnant??

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breast reduction

Anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast reduction

Subscribing as I am very interested myself and hoping to get mine done next yr.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast reduction

Kayem, do you mind me asking how much it is costing you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast reduction

I have had breast cancer and had lots of tissue removed so it's similar. It's really not that bad pain wise, I just took panadine forte for two days after surgery. I had two operations taking tissue and the worst part was getting an infection after (still problems now 3 months later) just take really good care of the wound!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kayem View Post
    I am very excited to say i am getting a breast reduction on the 31st of dec.

I would just like to hear some recovery stories from others who have had.it done in the last couple of years.

How long till you were able to do things. Could you breast feed after. What happened to them when you got pregnant??

I had mine done 8 years ago, I don't if that counts?!? I was really happy with the surgery but there is a LOT to consider if you haven't finished your family.

Maybe 2 weeks I was severely limited in reaching, lifting, generally using my upper half.

I breastfed afterwards BUT a long time afterwards and it was a VERY difficult road. A lot (? Most) women have at least a compromised supply. Think VERY carefully and I would strongly suggest counseling if you have not finished your family yet, whether you are planning to breastfeed or not.

You can look at bfar.org for more information.

Once I feel pregnant they grew to larger than they were before the surgery.

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breast reduction

Thank you for the feedback.

Jordansmummy... Due to.medicare and my health fund i will only be about 2k out of pocket.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast reduction

My sister had a reduction at 16 yrs old, we were told the recovery would be long and painful. She healed very quick and wasn't in much pain at all. She never regrets having it done was the best decision shes made.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast reduction

I am interested myself once I've finished having babies, I've got 3 friends that have had it done and have never looked back. They all say it was the best thing they ever did. Two of them have had babies since but weren't able to breast feed successfully due to low milk supply. They all said the pain was well managed and the scarring is minimal. I've seen one friends and was really impressed with how neat the scarring was. I'm definitely going to have mine done in a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is rare to be able to breastfeed fully after breast reduction surgery, and due to this fact, I regret having had the surgery prior to having children. Plus my breasts are now much larger than they ever were since having two pregnancies, so I wished I had waited till I had finished my family before having the surgery.

ETA I am breastfeeding my second child with the use of an at-breast supplementer and donor milk, but it has been a VERY hard road to get to this point. I just urge you to ensure you are comfortable with your decision, as my mental health has suffered as a result of the breastfeeding struggles my reduction left me with.
    Last edited by Ceili; 10-12-2012 at 06:03.