+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default *spinoff* NO urge to push?

Reading through the other thread I couldn't help remember my own labour, where I didn't really feel the urge to push.

I stalled for a while at 8cm, then they gave me the oxytocin drip. I guess not long after that I must've fully dilated because the midwife told me to "try pushing", but I had no idea what I was supposed to be pushing, or from where!

I finally figured it out, and it ended up taking over an hour to push DS out with all my strength. I still don't remember getting that "overwhelming urge" that I hear so many women talk about though.

I had gas, and morphine towards the end, but no epidural. It was a pretty standard delivery I'd say?

Hm, so anyone else had the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: *spinoff* NO urge to push?

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

I also had no 'urge' to push with my first, but it was a really complicated labour, due to pre eclampsia. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't remember having an urge with DS1. I was quite surprised when they told me to start pushing. I guess they were right though - 20minutes later he was out!

DS2 I remember screaming - I need to poo and the middies got all excited... Until I poo'd! That was my urge to push though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    I had no urge, presented at 8 cm, stalled labour at 10 with mild lip,

Doctor attempted manual clearing ( he can shove that next time), then had me push to clear it, pushed for 2.5 hours with no urge,
    Ohhh that sounds familiar, I had a lip too, which the midwife tried clearing, was so sore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nup, no urge to push with DS (first). Just didn't feel it. Then with my second she just fell out of me, I think my body just took over. I didn't feel myself push but the 'pushing' stage was only 6 minutes so obviously something happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I never felt the urge to push. When i turned up to the hospital his head was already on it's way out. I felt uncomfortable and that was it.
    The midwives mucked around for ages trying to put a monitor on me and getting me to sit down but it was just way too uncomfortable. They finally got me to lie down, had a look, relised his head was just there and told me to push.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 09-12-2012 at 15:03.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel an urge to push but it's totally mild and controllable .... Kind of like the urge to scratch an itch or to be honest, the urge to fart!

Thanks
    Reviews

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had no urge to push at all with my first. The only way we knew she was on her way was because they lost her heart rate and went to put the clamp on her head but there was no need she was coming. 3 pushes and she was out!!