+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night Weaning

I'm in the same situation. DD2 wakes up to 3 times a night and is 18 months old. Won't go to sleep without a Bottle and have tried the water but she refused. That was a few months ago tho so I might try it again. DD3 is 2 months and already sleeps way better then my 18 month old!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Night Weaning

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Summer View Post
    If he drinks the water out off the bottle then do that, ds won't touch water out off a bottle, only cup, which is why I use a cup. I hope the water works for you & lo stops waking for milk at early hours
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Night Weaning

Quote Originally Posted by mum2mj View Post
    I'm in the same situation. DD2 wakes up to 3 times a night and is 18 months old. Won't go to sleep without a Bottle and have tried the water but she refused. That was a few months ago tho so I might try it again. DD3 is 2 months and already sleeps way better then my 18 month old!!
    I'll let you know how I've gone with it tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night Weaning

My lo doesn't drinks from a sippy cup which I offer but she doesn't want a bar of it!

She doesn't take a dummy at all. I try give her a big dinner to make sure she is full but she wakes around 12 & seems to feed constantly until we get up at 6:30am!! She is in bed with me so it's so easy but I am starting to really feel it :-/

I know it's just habit so I might have to just try to stop cold turkey at night... Try tiger my husband to settle her at 12, try to keep her in her own bed & see if that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I night weaned my DD recently at about 12 months (she's 14 months now). I had tried the no cry method but it just wasn't working at all. She was relying on BFing to go back to sleep and was waking hourly or two hourly at times, I was exhausted. I ended up doing my own method of controlled comforting and it worked. Within about 3 nights she was fully night weaned and almost fully weaned. I still breastfeed her, but just a quick feed in the morning when she wakes up. She now sleeps through from 7pm to 6am and self settles also for her day nap, and usually sleeps for 1.5 hours. The thing that seemed to help the most was stopping feeding to sleep. Once I completely stopped feeding to sleep (went cold turkey on that, including middle of the night resettling), she seemed to improve so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night with the water technique we actually had an improvement - we had some water 100ml at 10.30ish and he went straight back to sleep until 12.30 - it was a bit rough between 12.30-1.30 and I caved and put in 1 scoop of formula - mainly for flavour, he then slept until 6.30am.

He has a dummy but because we have had 0 success with other settling techniques like patting, shshing, rocking etc I think I will continue with the water and see what happens