+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rescue Kitten

Hi all,

During the week we rescued a kitten from the local park,
    We have had it vet checked etc and vaccinated, and she has really become part of the family already...

We are renting atm, and have another cat with permission from the landlord... what do you think our chances are of keeping this little one we have found?

Please note that we have advertised her for over week and no-one has claimed her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Rescue Kitten

It will depend on the landlord, they must not have too big a problem with cats or they wouldn't have allowed the first one, but they could start to worry about when the request is going to come through for the 3rd cat - in other words where do they draw the line?

Put in the request and see what happens, but be prepared to have to give it up.

I hope you get to keep it, kittens are lovely!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont say I have cats....I just take the cats, litter tray etc. to a friends on inspection day

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (08-12-2012),HarvestMoon  (08-12-2012),lones  (08-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Rescue Kitten

Fingers crossed! Sounds hopeful though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    she is beautiful! and so friendly! she has a follow up at the vet tomorrow to get the paper work so can show the landlord if we need to... we are hopeful... we probably wont be staying in this house when our lease is up in july as the landlord is intending to sell...

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Rescue Kitten

Just ask the landlord

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Rescue Kitten

I'm with london on this one... Just hide the evidence on inspection day. It will save the hassel of asking and potentially being rejected.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

lones  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rescue Kitten

We hid 2 dogs for a year when we rented, I didn't want to risk them not approving it. I would've moved if they did but didn't want the hassle. I think people probably do it all the time (not that's its right, but a lot of places won't approve pets)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    We hid 2 dogs for a year when we rented, I didn't want to risk them not approving it. I would've moved if they did but didn't want the hassle. I think people probably do it all the time (not that's its right, but a lot of places won't approve pets)
    Ive hidden all my pets at my rentals. DP and I applied for (I think..roughly) 5 places with our pets and each one got rejected. Next one we put no pets and got it. I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, birds, had rabbits at the time and fish. Morning of inspection Id load everything except the birds and fish into the car and go visit my dad. He'd watch my animals for the day.
    Id be soo heartbroken if I got attached to a pet and then got told I had to get rid of it by the landlord

12. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

lones  (08-12-2012)

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rescue Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Ive hidden all my pets at my rentals. DP and I applied for (I think..roughly) 5 places with our pets and each one got rejected. Next one we put no pets and got it. I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, birds, had rabbits at the time and fish. Morning of inspection Id load everything except the birds and fish into the car and go visit my dad. He'd watch my animals for the day.
    Id be soo heartbroken if I got attached to a pet and then got told I had to get rid of it by the landlord
    We did this with our first house without the kids lol we only had the one dog tho

Op do what you think is right, and if you do let them no I hope they let you keep her. It's not often you get lovely people like you rescuing animals and taking them to the vet paying for needles and then advertising a found kitten! Ild give you a hug if I could