+ Reply to Thread

Default St George private?

Hi everyone

it's very confusing choosing an OB and hospital in such a short time. I live in the inner west but work in Sth west so considering st George private for ease of access for appoints. I assume OB will only do biz hours. Has anyone been to st George private? What's it like? Are the staff attentive, help with the baby, caring etc? I'm going to be a little bit of a wimp for first baby so will need looking after. And has anyone been with dr child's, dr cario, dr Carlton or dr Mathews??

any recommendations appreciated!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my bub there in July and I'm having another bub there next June. The staff were fantastic. The midwives during my start of labour & all of the theatre staff called in on a Sunday for my emergency c section were lovely. The after care was also good. Private rooms, decent food. My bub spent a week in special care & they were fantastic. Like all hospitals you receive conflicting info on breastfeeding but they do have breastfeeding support & sleep & settling classes in a special lounge area. With bub in special care I didn't make it to them. My husband & I also found their birthing class provided great information. I'm not using an ob you have listed but my ob is very easy going, pro natural delivery if thats what you want. Pm me if you want to know his details.