+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

Wow i can't believe how expensive some peoples bills are. The most expensive bill i've ever had was about $330.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours was originally about the $400 area.
    Then it went up to $600.
    The last quarter was $950!!!

I'm in NSW.

We haven't used anything more or less in comparison to other quarters but we s**t ourselves when the last bill came.

We have the smart meter and hate it. When we used to have the old dial meter, at least we were able to check that our readings were correct with the dial meter, but now, they just plug in, and who knows what they are doing!

Wrong on so many levels

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

I know I've mentioned it twice already but... Is everyone actually looking at the usage and comparing it to comparable periods I.e winter 2012 to winter 2011? And I don't mean just thinking you haven't used anything more than previously, I mean the actual kwh.

And to most people actually think this is due to the carbon tax out of interest (as Tony would love you to)?

Thanks
    Reviews

In QLD can it went up $20 to 440.

We have a 4bd 2bth house that someone is in all the time.

I do use the air con during the middle of the day in our bedroom where we all nap and if it's a stinker - we use it overnight too.

But we also have fabulous insulation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine has gone up significantly but it's because of getting a dryer - need a new washing line ASAP!

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I know I've mentioned it twice already but... Is everyone actually looking at the usage and comparing it to comparable periods I.e winter 2012 to winter 2011? And I don't mean just thinking you haven't used anything more than previously, I mean the actual kwh.

And to most people actually think this is due to the carbon tax out of interest (as Tony would love you to)?
    Yeah it's our $ per kw that has changed.
    DH compared this already.
    This time last year was the same usage, but the kw price has almost tripled in one year. Hence the $900 bill.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes but not due to the carbon tax. I notice you are in NSW which has had large increases this year due to extensive repair and replacement of the network (pipes, etc).

Thanks
    Reviews

There's no way retail electricity prices in NSW tripled in a single year. If that's what's on your bill, there is an error.

The energy regulator in NSW (called IPART) approved retail price increases of between 12% and 21% depending on your retailer.

http://www.ipart.nsw.gov.au/files/0e..._June_2012.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews

Ours actually is getting better because we've put up solar panels (which we get like nothing from synergy when we sell back) and led lighting/globes throughout the house (my hubby sells them at work for cheap!). I pay $70 per fortnight onto the bill and we had a $20 credit this bill. But being in WA we have no choice for our supplier for electricity or gas