+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

We are in qld and went from $300 to $500

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in NSW too and ours went down. We usually average about $750 a quarter and for the first time ever our bill was about $550. Coincidently, our clothes dryer carked it for the full quarter of our bill and we never replaced it. Needless to say, we managed fine in winter without it, so don't think I will be replacing it anytime soon!

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

Our usage was down dramatically last quarter but it wasn't reflected in the $.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My bill increased as my electricity provider increased its tariffs when the carbon tax was introduced, although not as much as they wanted to as there was a blow up with the state government about it.

the total bill for the quarter (winter) was still undr $400 though, even with heater use, but it used to be about $250, but I had not used a heater in previous winters, so not a lot is actually because of the carbon tax.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    FYI not sure with other states, but with SA the energy companies are privately owned (thanks state liberal government), so they can charge whatever they like.
    Sorry, but that last part (...charge whatever they like) is completely and utterly wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in QLD and ours went from $150.00 too $425.OO not happy about that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow. Who are you guys going through. Our bill was $1900, standard 4 bedroom two story place!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm a bit of an excel nerd and keep a record of all the Kw used & pricing as well as access/service charge. Kw usage is the same and price is the expected small but not huge rise but the daily service charge that was $0.26c inQLD was $1.34 in NSW. Now in WA it is $0.39 so will see what the next bill is like. I think they took the opportunity to cash grab while blaming carbon tax.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

In QLD.
    Went from 350 to ..... 1000 :-(
    Not happy and im arguing with origin about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I cannot fathom how everyones bills are so high!
    Our house is a 3bedroom brick home. I have TV running all day, fridge, deep freezer and fans going, box Aircon at night in two rooms, and occasionally the Big box aircon in the lounge going mid summer (Nth QLD). The jug, microwave, ect are never switched off at the wall and our bills were always $220-$280.

I havent noticed and increase in money at the moment as we live on an island that is run by diesel generator. The Electricity gets taken out before we see our pay.