+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

Hello,
    I've heard heaps of people saying lately how expensive their electricity bills are since the introduction of the carbon tax, but our last two have actually been cheaper! I get paid monthly so pay around 1/3 of our average bill cost (calculated in January) each month in advance, and today got our bill which is $110 in credit, when the whole bill was only $280! We're in NSW if that makes a difference... Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

Our latest bill was a lot lower too ($300, and that's with using aircon and dryer every day)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're in NSW and ours has gone up. Its ridonkulous. Although I think its more to do with the poo bags electricity company price hiking than the carbon tax specifically.

We're going solar and completely off the grid. Bugger them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep. That damned evil carbon tax! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Is your electricity bill cheaper since the carbon tax was introduced?

My last electicity bill is the most expensive i've ever had so definitely not cheaper here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Ours also got cheaper by $200-300. I pay fortnightly and was shocked too see a few hundred in credit.

Thanks
    Reviews

FYI not sure with other states, but with SA the energy companies are privately owned (thanks state liberal government), so they can charge whatever they like. And yes power (and gas) bills have gone up recently due to their price increase.

It's difficult to say that the price has increased DUE TO carbon tax.... However yes, in a nutshell, the price has increased SINCE the carbon tax was introduced, yes.
    Last edited by LoveHeart; 07-12-2012 at 16:41.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ours was $1200 with solar panels! Using only a split system to warm a room before the wood fire heated the house.

Usually $800-900

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    FYI not sure with other states, but with SA the energy companies are privately owned (thanks state liberal government), so they can charge whatever they like. And yes power (and gas) bills have gone up recently due to their price increase.

It's difficult to say that the price has increase DUE TO carbon tax.... However yes, in a nutshell, the price has increased SINCE the carbon tax was introduced, yes.
    Yep we are in SA. Ugh!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We are in Qld close to all the mining areas and ours has gone up drastically.