+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default urgent advice needed....

dh will be home soon and when he gets here we will be going to the shops. i got a call yesterday from target saying that the car seats that were recalled are now all fixed so if we want we can re layby them we can. we origionally said yes we will re layby the fixed product as it will be the same discounted we origionally laybyed it. i have since thought it over and am thinking that maybe its not a good idea given that they were faulty in the first place. i dont want tk buy an unreliable product (that will be at the back of my mind every time i put dd in the seat) or for it to be recalled again after we have been using it. what would you do... would you buy the seat?? (mothers choice) dh is all for it because its cheaper than the others but im not so sure. he wants to re layby today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ultimately your decision....

If the seats have been fixed to standard then I'm sure they are perfectly fine. Probably safer than ones that haven't been checked and fixed!!

However, I am very anal when it comes to car seats and only buy the best. (Which are more expensive). They use them for such a long time I'd rather get one that has been safety tested and rated by the RAA.

Not much help am i? Haha sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Agree with PP-totally your decision. But you said the thought of the faulty seat will weigh on your mind every time you put your child in the car...so perhaps it may be worth getting a different seat for your own peace of mind?

I too am like the PP and will only buy car seats with the best safety rating. I don't think you can put a price on your child's safety to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    its the mother care (or was it mothers choice) car seat. i thought they are usually good. normally the seat is in the 300 price range but we are getting it for 199. what one do you guys consider good. i have no clue about this stuff. thanks for the replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:

Have you looked at the CREP website? Has safety ratings for car seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

http://www.crep.com.au/crep.php

Here's the website with the safety ratings. Might be worth a look at

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: urgent advice needed....

The fault was actually to do with the bolt that holds the tether strap to the car. Most new cars (less than 10 yrs old) these days have to bolt attached when they ship, so you are unlikely to need the part that was faulty.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub