+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default what do love about....?

That he came home from work and told me he'd had enough of the men he works with attitudes towards women. They sit at lunch ogling women in a derogatory manner all lunch, every day. He'd mentioned it a few times to me and this week, he stood up told them he was sick of them 'acting all rapey' and it was weird and that he was going to eat in the park away from them. Best thing is another guy followed and said he'd had enough too. My DH works in a very male dominated field where this is common, I love that he stood up to this culture and proud that he has these views.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (08-12-2012),Summer  (17-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

That is great babyla!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

babyla  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    That is great babyla!
    I reckon too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    That he came home from work and told me he'd had enough of the men he works with attitudes towards women. They sit at lunch ogling women in a derogatory manner all lunch, every day. He'd mentioned it a few times to me and this week, he stood up told them he was sick of them 'acting all rapey' and it was weird and that he was going to eat in the park away from them. Best thing is another guy followed and said he'd had enough too. My DH works in a very male dominated field where this is common, I love that he stood up to this culture and proud that he has these views.
    That's so cool. DH gets visibly uncomfortable, but he'd never speak up like that. He usually just leaves the group quietly.

I remember sitting at a 3yos birthday party and listening to the father and grandfather making lewd comments about the 'fairy' entertainer, they then progressed to saying them to her, he gathered the kids up to leave, but it was left to his big mouth wife to tell them they were gross.

What a man! He even inspired someone else, so cool Babyla.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

babyla  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    He has a big diddle

Thanks
    Reviews

- he is my best friend and I can tell him anything and everything

- he is so caring and loving and affectionate

- he cleans the house and is a good handyman

- he already loves our unborn bubba so much and will b an amazing daddy

- kids love him

- he is kind and thoughtful

- he is a great communicator and listener

- he is a cutie

I could go on....

- he is kind an

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    That's so cool. DH gets visibly uncomfortable, but he'd never speak up like that. He usually just leaves the group quietly.

I remember sitting at a 3yos birthday party and listening to the father and grandfather making lewd comments about the 'fairy' entertainer, they then progressed to saying them to her, he gathered the kids up to leave, but it was left to his big mouth wife to tell them they were gross.

What a man! He even inspired someone else, so cool Babyla.
    You know what's funny when I read your post I was about to write 'This' underneath it. My DH does all the things you'd written

My DH is also the kind to just leave quietly and it did surprise me that he spoke up, but I honestly think he'd had enough. He said it was ridiculous and embarrassing to hear them carry on like this.
    Last edited by babyla; 07-12-2012 at 21:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an amazing hubby. I love:
    -that he opens my car door, every time.
    - that he gets my water every morning
    -that he changes in the spare room rather than wake me.
    - he is still so excited when we have special cuddles
    - that he loves being a father
    -that he does the night feeds
    - that he emails and calls me several times a day

My family have even said that if DH and I ever split up ( we won't) that they would keep him!

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a lovely thread .

I have to say I Love EVERYTHING! about him.

Would not change anything because thats what makes him who he is and thats who I fell in love with 5 years ago

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I love that his favourite thing to do is play with his kids.

I love that if I say I'm not feeling well, or I'm tired, he will tell me to have a shower/bath and go lie down, then takes over with dinner/kids etc... and comes to check on me.

I love that he works really hard to provide for us and never questions why he should work, when I don't.

I love that he's determined, motivated and driven to be an awesome husband and father, that he puts work into improving himself in these roles every day.
    Oh and I just love the way he emotionally abused me, destroyed my self-worth and then left a notebook full of him gushing about sleeping with and being madly in love with a younger, skinnier, prettier girl lying around and that all that hard work he was doing was actually him making excuses to be able to go see her.