+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    My post was not implying she cared more about her wishes than her baby, or that anyone else would for that matter. Apologies if that's the way you read it.

I was simply trying to explain that she (and anyone else) shouldn't be hard on themselves for having drugs in that situation, that if it was a choice between her 'preference' and a healthy baby, that she made the right decision. That's all....
    Ah ok. I actually don't think she regrets having an epi at all haha! I was just curious FOR her if you know what I mean.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Early pushing

I guess no one would know I was 'pushing early' because I don't have vaginal exams to 'see how far along I am' so that I can 'get permission to push'.

My pushing stages have been very quick at home (twice <5min each) I guess if I was pushing for a long time or feeling like I was not getting anywhere I would try position changes, trying to clear any fears which might be inhibiting labour progression, I would try kissing hubby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I guess no one would know I was 'pushing early' because I don't have vaginal exams to 'see how far along I am' so that I can 'get permission to push'.

My pushing stages have been very quick at home (twice <5min each) I guess if I was pushing for a long time or feeling like I was not getting anywhere I would try position changes, trying to clear any fears which might be inhibiting labour progression, I would try kissing hubby.
    My friend's actually a midwife and I spoke to her yesterday. She says that recent studies show that pushing before fully dilated actually doesn't harm bub or mum at all and actually helps move bub into a more desirable birthing position for when your body actually IS ready.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Early pushing

Quote Originally Posted by captainscaptain View Post
    My friend's actually a midwife and I spoke to her yesterday. She says that recent studies show that pushing before fully dilated actually doesn't harm bub or mum at all and actually helps move bub into a more desirable birthing position for when your body actually IS ready.
    Amazing I've never bought into the too early thing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Early pushing

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Amazing I've never bought into the too early thing..
    I agree, I don't see why our bodies would start to push if it wasn't time to push, you know?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early pushing

I started pushing whilst my midwife was out of the room.. She came to check me because I said I have to push, I can't not. I will never know how dilated I was as bubs head was already well down.. But I arrived at hospital only 3 hours prior at only 4cm. Our bodies KNOW what to do, left to their own devices. I guess one way around it would be to request minimal or no internals. And position changes as previously suggested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I figure my body will know what it's doing. If it's saying "PUSH WOMAN!" who am I to argue with it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just pushed when I felt the urge, I wasn't checked. Midwife just told me to listen to my body and if it says push, push.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early pushing

I had overwhelming urges to push at around 5cms dilated. I was induced though so I blame the syntoconin. Dd was posterior. I couldn't stop myself from pushing and my cervix became very swollen. Dd was then essentially pushing against a swollen cervix and getting nowhere. The ob said I had to have an epi so I could relax, the swelling could go down and I could dilate. The midwives were pretty useless to be honest. They didn't attempt to change my position and weren't suggesting any other techniques to help. Having discussed this since then with other midwives and birth attendants there are apparently a few effective things you can try and you really need very supportive birth attendants who are there with you at every contraction.