+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does he have something to hide?

I'm feeling really angry and upset about this so before I confront my DH about this i wanted to know what you thought?

Today i got a message from an old work colleague of mine who i used to be very good friends with but before my hubby and I got married she said something really peculiar to me that I would never say to a firend so the relationship just dwindled out. She said to me that she would **** him (meaning my husband), to this day i don't know why she said it because she didn't even know him at this stage. Anyway 6 years later she has been in and out of relationships whilst i got married and had a baby, i am currently pregnant with our second which makes this even harder for me because I don't exactly feel sexy at the moment. Ok so she is recently single and messages me today asking wether my DH likes scotch or beer because he came round to her house on Wed night to look at her car. My husband is a mechanic and he has a workplace for a reason take your bloody car there instead of getting house calls. I replied to her but now i am really upset, she has cheated on boyfriends in the past which makes me think she wouldn't think anything of it flirting or going further with my husband.

I should also say that on Wed night my husband told me he was going to the doctor because he wasn't feeling well, he rang me at 7.40 saying that it is still a 50 min wait at the doctor could I make an appt at the dr closer to our house which i did. i am not disputing the fact he wen't to the doctor but by saying still a 50 min wait it implied to me he was already waiting there. When he came home I gave him a cuddle asked how his day was blah blah and I remembedr saying to him how nice he smelt. He said he had put on deoderant because he was stinky from work which now makes me think. This might be TMI but i tried to have sex with him that night but he said he was too tired, lately he has been using this excuse constantly. i have spoken to him about it because I thought it might have something to do with me being pregnant and big bell etc., but now I am wondering wether he just doesn't find me attractive anymore. I am not jumping to the conclusion that he cheated but why would he hide the fact he had gone to her house to look at her car? I just don't get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    If it was my husband I wouldn't be worried but only you, know your husband.
    I would come outright and tell him you got this weird text from XYZ asking about what drink he likes and you are a little confused. In a non confrontation way.

I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't see any good reason for him to go to this woman's home without telling you. Seems dodgy to me. I'd be talking to him about all this ASAP.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

captainscaptain  (08-12-2012),jagamoe  (07-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (07-12-2012),Maybelline  (07-12-2012),shhhsleeping  (07-12-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Intuition is a powerful thing and if you think he's up to something just have a chat to him.

Don't have a go at him in a way he shuts down. Just tell him the truth and what you know.

Let him fill in the blanks. Hopefully it's just nothing but a misunderstanding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would just show him the text and tell him you thought it was weird - as far as you knew he hadn't been over there so what's the deal? Just be matter-of-fact about it and see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds to me like she is trying to cause drama. I would confront him by simply asking the question. Then make sure he never ever services her car again.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-12-2012),Maybelline  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as PP, I'd mention that you'd spoken to blahblah and she had something interesting to say, and give him a chance to come clean about anything. And it might be as innocent as looking at her car and she does want to get him a drink to say thanks - people do that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He lied about where he was - that would trouble me.

I would not trust that woman as far as I can throw her. Inviting a guy who she finds attractive over to her home to personally look at her car?

Now she wants to buy him his favourite alcohol. Will she be inviting him over so she can give him his present?

It could be innocent, but from what you have divulged I would be wary of this womans intentions. I hope for your sake that it was an innocent house call and nothing more.

I recommend calmly asking him to explain what happened and go from there.

Let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    i know it could be as innocent as looking at her car but honestly do women ask there mechanic to come over after hours to look at their cars? It's not like they are friends she is a customer at his work and i used to work with her. if it was a mate i wouldn't think anything of it but it just seems weird that a woman would ask her mechanic to do house calls. I for one as this mechanics wife don't want him doing house calls during family time. My daughter asked where her was that night too, why wasn't daddy home. I am really ****ed off now, he work 6 days a week is never home and now is doing house calls how about coming home and help get DD off to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wouldn't be ok with it at all. He's withheld the fact that he was even there, they're obviously in touch with each other minus you & she's said something totally inappropriate.

I'd just say how come you never mentioned being over at her house? And then I'd be asking that it doesn't happen again & tell him why.