+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 1st birthday party!

Morning!

DD is 7 months and I'm already thinking of what to do for her first birthday. I'm thinking it will be a big one as we have lots if friends and families and I've made lots of new friends with babies that I'd also like to invite. I'm also thinking of having it in a park as the thought of lots if toddlers in my house terrifies me! Ha ha. What's everyone else thinking? Themes? Types of food? Please share

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 1st birthday party!

I had a nautical themed party at the sailing club. There was a play ground and lots of grassy areas. I put down lots of rugs for the babies in the shade. This meant I did not have to worry about bringing enough cold water for everyone, or.chairs.

I told people to not bring gifts as them coming and paying for their own food was enough.

I picked nautical because I like stripes and polka dots. I decorated in red, white, blue with bits of yellow. The patterns were plain, dots or stripes. I decorated with red and blue ******ers.

I made cupcakes- 99c homebrand chocolate mix, and used nutella as icing. I went on etsy and got some cupcake toppers with sea creatures on them.

I drew the invites myself: bunting is pretty easy to draw, in the party colour scheme, with a painted blue back ground where I wrote the details, and drew a pirate girl. I'm no artist but everyone loved them. I then had it colour photocopied. Each invite was about 50c.

Afterwards, I went to big w and got a photo of ny daughter at her birthday printed off. Using their software, I wrote thank you on the photos. After they were printed off I wrote on the back a short note thanking the person for their attendance and gift.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds great! I never would have thought of that theme. Thanks for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

For my DS we had a 'farm animal' theme. Lots of cheap party supplies on EBay with this too, I got heaps that cost next to nothing.

If you really wanted to, you could pay about $350 for a mini petting zoo to come along to support the theme.

Thanks
    Reviews

Also sounds great. Think I might start looking around now to order things in time cheaply

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my sons first birthday at a park.
    drove me crazy. lol
    but a friend had her ds first bday at a park too was awesome

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Huni&Coco View Post
    I had my sons first birthday at a park.
    drove me crazy. lol
    but a friend had her ds first bday at a park too was awesome
    Can I ask why it drove you crazy?

Thanks
    Reviews

We have a huge yard with gardens etc so was thinking of doing a Garden Tea Party theme with lots of pastel colours, balloons, tables heavy laden with lace tablecloths and lots of high tea type food, pink lemonade etc. We will have a marquee set up for shade and seating and maybe one of those face pairing fairy entertainers.

I can't wait!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kOhhh I could imagine the fuss at the park, having to bring everything from the car to the tables and keeping it cool.... ahhh no no no