+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default You've been begging me to listen to my body - Week 7, Day 3 - Blog 68

I. Ache. All. Over.

I can barely lift my arms, if I move my torso or you know, breathe, my abs hurt. My neck and shoulders scream out if I move my head. Ladies, welcome to Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. This is the after-effects of my aerial silks class. I'd forgotten just how bad it can be!

I should explain, for those who don't know what aerial silks are, click here. I can assure, I do not look as cool as that, though! What we were doing in that first class was literally tying a knot in the silks and pulling ourselves into it. We also had to do pullovers to get in and the balances once we were in the silks are what killed my abs.

So pretty much it's an hour of lifting your entire body weight with your arms! Anyway, the long and the short of it is that for the second time this week (and ever, in fact!) I'm skipping my morning workout. I don't feel physically capable of doing Ripped this morning! I'm going to do it tomorrow instead on what would normally be my rest day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow that looks so cool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default You've been begging me to listen to my body - Week 7, Day 3 - Blog 68

It is pretty awesome and a lot of fun! Once you're in, you can swing on it just like being a kid!

I forgot to mention, I also have deep bruises on my hips from where the silks dug in while I was in them!