+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you comment in what your partner eats?

I have started to comment of late as he has gained about 15 kgs over the last few months, he is constantly complaining about back ache and being too fat. Most of his weight seems to be in his mid section which explains the back ache. He also smokes cigarettes so I've been on his case alot about being healthier lately. Nothing scares me more then the thought of my kids not having their dad around especially when I have another one on the way!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No we don't comment on what we eat, we are both adults and realise ourselves that we need to loose weight if needed. I have lost 13kgs since dd2 birth I did it for me so I could fit back into my pre-preg clothes. If he told me I was fat I would of been so depressed. When I was preg with dd1 DH stacked on the weight, his friends teased him but once she was born it melted off, I didn't have to say anything.

But if your DH bought the chips he can't complain that you get them! What are you meant to do.. Eat your celery and tidy up his crumbs... I don't think so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sure do. He eats too much, he eats sh!t and he doesn't do any exercise.

But

I will usually only have a go at him after I have made some healthy snacks or something for him to take to work and all he does is whinge and complain about them, or if I have tried something new for dinner cause it's healthy and tasty and all he does is complain about it. I'll try and come up with healthier versions of things, so rather than having say schnitzel and chips one night I made up home-made schnitzel and salad wraps with heaps of salad. He really enjoyed it but the next time insisted on make his own which had morphed into schnitzel, cheese and bacon wraps with a couple of bits of tomato.

I don't want him to not be able to run around and play with his kids.Unfortunately it's the way he was raised with food and after 35 years it's not going to be an easy habit to crack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks for all the replies. I suppose it's not so much the comments it was the way it was made. He was giving me dirty looks then when I was about to pack it away he told me what was the point that I may as well finish it off as I had so much already blah blah blah! For me this is counterproductive and just makes me feel bad about myself and want to eat more junk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, were both extremely sensitive about food and weight. Before this pregnancy a commen was made to me about food and my weight, I stupidly wen about 4 days having only water. Dh is horrible with food though! Last weekend he ought a block of chocolat "for me" . I got 3 squares and he ate the rest. Same with any treat food brought into the house, I get maybe 1 , and if it's still sitting there n a day or two, I apparently means he can eat the entire lot. I do get worried about his weight sometimes though. After this bub I'll be joining th gym and he will b coming with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes..He is in his 40s a bit overweight so from time to time I gently remind him of his food choices...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As someone who is overweight I'd be p...Ed if my partner mentioned anything. I already know I'm big, I already know what's good and bad food. Nagging doesn't help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to suemp For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by suemp View Post
    As someone who is overweight I'd be p...Ed if my partner mentioned anything. I already know I'm big, I already know what's good and bad food. Nagging doesn't help.
    Yep exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I do, but not that way. He can destroy his body with crappy food if he likes. It's not something I think he should do, but I'm not his mother. It's not my job to tell him what he can consume and what he can't.

I still whinge at him because he's so damn fussy though. Given I'm the one who deals with meals, it makes me angry and every now and then I have a little tantrum about it.

ETA - I think my partner once suggested if I was unhappy with my weight, I could perhaps consider eating differntly. He said it very politely, but it made me cry and go binge even more. lol. It's definitely not a wise thing to say.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you comment in what your partner eats?

Quote Originally Posted by suemp View Post
    I am overweight also, and I wish Dh would speak up more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub