+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you comment in what your partner eats?

So I am feeling a bit angry and upset with dh because he told me off for eating "too much junk food and not knowing when to stop". Yes I admit that I had been snacking on chips whilst watching tv after the kids were in bed 2 days in a row. Btw these were junk food he bought!!!
    I dont have health issues and not really any weight issues aside from a big tummy (I have 2 kids).
    I don't tell my dh what he can or can't eat. He is an adult and responsible for his own food choices. Unless he has health issues I don't feel the need to monitor him. I suppose what really bothers me is that I believe he is not concerned for my health but my appearance.
    Anyway do you/your partner comment about each others food choices? Do you think you have a right to if there are no serious health issues?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Nope we don't comment and I would be livid if he did tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews

Damn straight I do. He's 6'2'' and never hit 90kg in his life but eats the poorest diet. I'm slowly changing that.

Getting him to realise though that given the only place he carries fat is his abdomen and with a high visceral fat rating he needs to do something about it, is quite the challenge.

However, I comment for his well being n the fact I want him to be around for his grand kids. It's certainly not an appearance thing as he 'appears' fit as a fiddle. Tall n slender.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I comment *sometimes* because his Great-grandad, Grandad and Dad all had heart attacks before turning 50. It worries me.

Other times I will comment if he eats more than his share of food (he will eat an entire block of chocolate in one sitting and then start on mine, which I usually take a month to eat).

Mostly I don't comment though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My exH used to do that. I absolutely HATED it. I'm an adult, and I will eat what I god damn want!! I am not overweight and have no health issues, so woe betide anyone who dares to comment on what I eat!! If I feel like a treat once in a while, I will bloody well have one! Having my ex comment made me so uncomfortable and resentful towards him, and it resulted in me feeling like I had to sneak treats just so he wouldn't comment....which is really pathetic in a marriage. There's a few good reasons why he's now my ex.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I only comment on what DH is eating if he is about to have something thats needed for something else.

ie: if theres shaved ham in the fridge he'll grab it with the intention of eating it all in one go when ive intended it for all our lunches

Thanks
    Reviews

I have of late, because he has put on weight, hasn't been exercising and has been eating quite a bit of junk (at work). I worry about his health, he has high blood pressure and has a family history of heart conditions. He isn't overweight, yet, but I wonder what excess weight will do to him health wise. I also comment on his diet coke consumption and smoking. More in a "Do you think you will ever quit"/"How much water do you drink?" type way.

Hubby doesn't really comment on what I eat, unless I've eaten an obscene amount of sugar (like 2 big packs of skittles in 2 days ). I am a lot healthier than he is though, so he doesn't really have anything to comment on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only if the food is / was needed for something else,
    He doesnt mind comparing how fat I am to how not fat he is though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont usually unless I am teasing him and tell him he is gonna get fat but its joking and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by PR2bMum View Post
    Damn straight I do. He's 6'2'' and never hit 90kg in his life but eats the poorest diet. I'm slowly changing that.

Getting him to realise though that given the only place he carries fat is his abdomen and with a high visceral fat rating he needs to do something about it, is quite the challenge.

However, I comment for his well being n the fact I want him to be around for his grand kids. It's certainly not an appearance thing as he 'appears' fit as a fiddle. Tall n slender.
    I have heard that is the most dangerous fat to have.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Only if the food is / was needed for something else,
    He doesnt mind comparing how fat I am to how not fat he is though
    Hugs Kirby.