+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Traveling with a co-sleeping baby

Hi everyone!

We're going on a holiday with DD in exactly one months time. DD will be 10 months by then. We co-sleep at home and the bed is so arranged that it is very safe for the baby. The room we booked has got one double bed and one single bed. We also requested a cot!!! The problem is DD never slept in a cot.

I am 100% sure that we won't be able to co-sleep while we're on holiday due to safety issues. DD rolls all over the bed at home. So I don't have a choice but putting her into the cot.

What I would like to know is if anyone has done this before and how did they go? Should I get DD ready from now on by getting her used to the cot at home or should I continue co-sleeping and just go with the flow once we're on holidays?

I thought about it and I don't think that I want to give up co-sleeping in general (not yet anyway). So when we come back from the holiday we would go back to co-sleeping. We're going for one week by the way.

Sorry, I know there are more urgent problems out there. But I really would appreciate some advice or personal experiences with similar situations.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its not worth it to try and get her used to the cot if you're happy with cosleeping. I'm sure you'll be able to move the bed around so maybe is against a wall so she doesn't roll off... not sure what arrangement you have at home...
    I actually find that cosleeping is easier when traveling, do keep the cot so that you can pop her in there to play.
    Alternatively you can always get the mattress off the bed and pop it on the floor (not ideal) limit the risk of her tumbling down...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Traveling with a co-sleeping baby

I would take a bed rail with you and put your baby between you and the bedrail and your partner in the single. Or if you can all fit, then baby in between you.

We always took the bed rail with us when we went away or booked queens so he could go between us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Depending on the room set out you may be able to push the double and single beds together to make a bigger bed.
    If you feel thats still not safe enough perhaps put the bed mattresses on the floor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We went away when DS was 10 months, as pp suggested we pushed the bed up against the wall

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your answers.

I don't know why I didn't think about the bed rails or putting the mattress on the floor. It makes so much sense.