+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Those that manage to do it regularly, how do you fit it in? What do you do with your kids?

I'm interested because I'm sick of using my DS as an excuse to not be exercising more!
    My gym has a creche, I book the kids in every day. If I don't go I still have to pay. Getting one hour of child free time every day is a huge motivation to go. I just make it part of our daily routine. If we've got nothing on afterwards we go to the park across the road and the kids get to have a play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    My gym has a creche, I book the kids in every day. If I don't go I still have to pay. Getting one hour of child free time every day is a huge motivation to go. I just make it part of our daily routine. If we've got nothing on afterwards we go to the park across the road and the kids get to have a play.
    I would love to be able to do this. I am that parent who is always hunted down and told to come and collect their kids 10 minutes after drop off . My kids have always loathed gym creches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Exercise... How much??

I try & do a 5km run, four times a week. I've managed to loose 11kg's (over months & months) by doing this & haven't really changed my diet (I love wine & choc!) To start with I could only do 2-3km's but would try & increase it by a km each wk until I got to 5km's. Unfortunately running is the only thing that works for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im currently doing the 12wbt. So i do 6days a week. (Approx 1.5hrs each day).

Before i started this i used to walk 10km a day.

I think being active at least 6days a week is best for health and well being. Even if its just a few stair runs or a 30min walk/jog or a few laps in the pool.

Kids: For Cardio i go to the local oval and put them in the middle(shaded in the arvo) with toys books and snacks and run around them.

For Toning sessions i either go to the outdoor gym (a park with equipment such as push up bars, pull up bars,step ups, benches and hurdles) and leave the younger one in the pram with snacks, or take him out and watch both kids to make sure they dont head to the road. I also go to the Oval to do these as there are park benches and concrete BBQ areas i can improvise and use to do my workout.

Or i do my workout underneath my house, i use the table as a bench, and the chairs for triceps ect.

When i walk i put them in the double pram and give them snacks and entertain them with the surrounds (pointing out different flowers and trees and birds ect).

I also go to the pool. When the kids are done swimming i put them on a blanket and swim, (should clarify, DS1 (almost 5) sits on a blanket, DS2 (18mths) sits in his pram. Or DS1 floats with his vest near the wall (following me) and DS2 is in the floatie ring and i just kick around with them (gets the heartrate up).
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 06-12-2012 at 22:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need to do at least 3 x 1 hour sessions a week where I really sweat and find it hard towards the end. I mostly do workout DVDs at home, sometimes I walk/run too. It's a priority for me now, comes before housework etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't do any set amounts, just what I can, when I can. Like walking to school and back. Walking to the park and back. When hubby is home I'll go for a walk in the evening kid free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

For me, it's at least 30min per day.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 30kg to lose and currently do
    Monday: Swim and Body Pump
    Tuesday: Body Balance
    Wednesday: Pump
    Thursday: Clinical Pilates
    Friday: Zumba
    Sat: weights
    Sun: rest
    I also have about 45 mins of physio exercises to do each day.
    Before kids I did at least 9hrs a week at the gym, ran every day, and taught poledance 3 days a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I walk to and from DS' day care every day 5 days a week..around 1,5 hour a day in total..that's it..I should do more like toning or weights..

Thanks
    Reviews

On a good week when I can get away from the office at lunch time once or twice or leave a little bit early a day or two, I do about 2 hrs all up. On a busy week i'm lucky to get 5 mins walking somewhere. Every second weekend when DD is with her Dad I try to go for a long walk.

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to exercise every day! When I'm not at work I'm home with DD (just the two of us so i can't go anywhere). I used to ride an exercise bike after she went to bed, but unfortunately i have permanent back problems and bike riding is now out.