+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sons picking on daughter

Okay so lately my six year old son has been calling my daughter mean names and physically hurting her and of course what my 6 year old does his 3 year old brother must do so it has turned into WW3 at my house! Any suggestions on getting Alex to stop?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Sons picking on daughter

Oh dear. I had the same thing with my brothers when i was younger. Of course it was my fault. How old is your daughter? I would suggest reinforcing to your daughter that the boys are just being mean and they are wrong. As for punishing the boys.. Hmm.. Confiscation of their prized possession for a day or two maybe? Or if she is older warn the boys that if they continue their mean behaviour their sister will decide their punishment.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Same happened to me as a kid. Nothing stopped them and sometimes they were able to turn it around so i got in trouble! I agree with letting your daughter think up punishment with u. Might stop them a bit...

Thanks
    Reviews

I have taken everything! Nothing stops him! I think letting her decide the punishment is perfect!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 3 girls and they pretty much get on well most of the time. But my sister has 2 boys and a girl, with the girl in the middle and she was having trouble with the boys so she sat all 3 down together and they wrote out some house rules - no kicking, no pushing etc. While they were doing she talked about how it feels to be kicked or called names etc. and they also worked out punishments - talked about what would be the worst punishment etc.

The punishments the boys came up with were quite different to one's she had been using. They considered no bedtime story worse than having a favourite toy taken away. There were others too, I can't remember. But having all three involved in the discussion about it really seemed to help. I think they still fight, but it's not as bad as it used to be!

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS gets very upset at the idea that he is being a bully with similar sibling behaviour, however name calling is not tolerated in this house he started angrily yelling "you ant!" when he was three (was his interpretation of idiot from being in the back seat lots of dumb driving week before.)

If it's new behaviour is he having issues at school and being bullies himself. Are the names ones he hears often in the house from family or friends in which case discussing how those are words only for adults to use and not suitable for children. Give him suitable words and the out. If DD is bugging him as all siblings can, he must walk away if he's losing his cool come and tell one of us what is going on.

We usually have to explain that his sisters miss him when he is at school so he must spend some time playing with them and sometimes he can play on his own.